DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first video—Kilauea Then and Now

Bigislehi

Reactions
Hi all,
I’m pleased to share my first video with the Mavic 2 that I received for Christmas/birthday. This also includes video that I took on the ground and from a helicopter. The drone part is the second half.
It’s a bit long, I know, but I am enthralled with the recent volcanic eruption on Hawaii Island, where I live.
Any comments are welcome!

VERY COOL! Still some smokers going on. How close do you think you could get to them. Is the temp still elevated? Could watch all day!

Reactions: Bigislehi
VERY COOL! Still some smokers going on. How close do you think you could get to them. Is the temp still elevated? Could watch all day!
Thank you! Some folks have hiked to the top, including my son. He said he could feel the heat through his feet! I prefer to send the drone. ?

Reactions: E90RAW
Thank you! Some folks have hiked to the top, including my son. He said he could feel the heat through his feet! I prefer to send the drone. ?
I wonder would the drone let you know it was over heating in a scenario such as Kilauea. Esp if it was active and you went in with the drone overhead, what would the limitations be? I'm sure there are "eddie" currents that would effect it. How much temperature could the drone take? Keep the videos/pics coming, love to see it. Oh, and nice xmas/Bday gift. Who's xmas list did you get on? Nice gift. Maybe I could get my wife to buy me a drone for xmas instead of underwear!!??

Reactions: Bigislehi
Hi all,
I’m pleased to share my first video with the Mavic 2 that I received for Christmas/birthday. This also includes video that I took on the ground and from a helicopter. The drone part is the second half.
It’s a bit long, I know, but I am enthralled with the recent volcanic eruption on Hawaii Island, where I live.
Nice! Do some more and post them.

Cool video. How did you get permission to fly in Volcanoes National Park? I thought that all national parks are no fly zones.
Hi. This is not in the national park so that was not an issue. This occurred in a residential neighborhood. More than 700 structures were destroyed by this eruption, most of them private homes.

Hi all,
Wow ! thanks for sharing, great subject. Mother Nature is very powerful. Post editing would have made this video even better, shorter clips, a bit of saturation for colours and better sound track. I enjoyed it, I’m sure the next video will be even better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803