DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 3 video footage is jittery when drone is turning

Joe Brnobic

Reactions
Hi there. I have just purchased a new Mavic 3. When it is flying straight, its 4000K video is perfectly smooth. However, when I start to execute slow 180 degree turn, the video
immediately becomes jittery for as long as the drone is in turn. When it stops turning and starts flying straight again, video becomes perfectly smooth again.
I used 25 frame/sec and shutter speed of 50.
Did anybody encountered this problem too?
Any ides why is this happening?
Thanks.

I think folks would have to see the video taken to get more of an idea what is going on. There are a number of things that can influence panning beyond a malfunction. Fast (subjective) turns can create a rolling shutter effect. Moiré can appear to be choppy. There's always the difference in perceptions.

Reactions: Touring497
Thanks for posting that link. He did the comparison I always meant to try. For me, in his 2nd video, the “ideal” setting of 1/60 for 30fps still stutters badly on my iPhone. I think that I would prefer to shoot 60fps and 1/120 for panning.
Yep the higher the frame rate the less chance of the jitters. But pan slowly, otherwise it will likely be choppy anyhoo

We’ve been panning at 24 and 25 fps for decades. There should not be a choppy video. There’s something else going on here.

I also use DJI Mini 2 and I never had any problems with jittery video while in turn. Mini 2 footage is perfectly smooth, so something is definitelly wrong. And yes, I did remove shipping foam from the gimbal. Anybody else experienced these problems?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada