DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s My Pre-Flight Process

A lot of chatter online about losing drones, flying in restricted zones, batteries running out, crashing into trees and bridges. I've been flying for over a year now and the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Air 2S are still flying. Still learning and maybe too cautious but this is a typical flight.
My Pre-Flight Process
Better safe than sorry is my motto. Yet flying into trees and some bridges can happen even to the best and no real way to preflight for such a thing unless you fly above all of them. Then your good for sure.

I did crash my Mini about a month after I bought it into a bridge I did not see, as it was an older trestle style bridge on a very bright sunny day. Bad glare on the phone to fully realize altitude of the drone - although knew where it was. Had hoped to fly under it, but missed it about 3-4 feet.

Crashes are almost inevitable for any drone pilot of any model. Even when being super safe, if you start practicing to go beyond your typical super safe limits - it can happen.

Always good to have a plan. Pre-flight ensures your UAV is ready to go. Planning a flight, hopefully, helps reduce the chances of a crash.

Good Video BTW!! Great capture of fall colors in the morning sun!

Reactions: projectarjun
Better safe than sorry is my motto. Yet flying into trees and some bridges can happen even to the best and no real way to preflight for such a thing unless you fly above all of them. Then your good for sure.

I did crash my Mini about a month after I bought it into a bridge I did not see, as it was an older trestle style bridge on a very bright sunny day. Bad glare on the phone to fully realize altitude of the drone - although knew where it was. Had hoped to fly under it, but missed it about 3-4 feet.

Crashes are almost inevitable for any drone pilot of any model. Even when being super safe, if you start practicing to go beyond your typical super safe limits - it can happen.
Agreed. I've had some minor scares that were wakeup calls.

Reactions: projectarjun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird