DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

National Park Clarification

BigLobster

Reactions
Folks, I’m a fairly new drone pilot (2 months) & find this site indispensable! Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge & expertise.
QUESTIONS
1. I live close to Cape Cod & would like to use my Mavic Air to shoot video of Cape Cod National Seashore from my boat. I would be launching it from my boat, 1/2 mile to a 1 mile out from the beach. Can you clarify the rules here? Am I allowed to launch/land outside of a National Park, but go into that airspace to shoot video?
2. Also, on DJI GO app, will it allow me to launch Mavic outside of restricted area? If yes, how far out do I have to be?
3. What will happen to Mavic once it enters into restricted air space? Will it cause Mavic to RTH or hover?
I want to follow the rules, but sometimes they are very confusing.
Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanted to consult w you...“the experts”. Thx.

Folks, I’m a fairly new drone pilot (2 months) & find this site indispensable! Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge & expertise.
QUESTIONS
1. I live close to Cape Cod & would like to use my Mavic Air to shoot video of Cape Cod National Seashore from my boat. I would be launching it from my boat, 1/2 mile to a 1 mile out from the beach. Can you clarify the rules here? Am I allowed to launch/land outside of a National Park, but go into that airspace to shoot video?
2. Also, on DJI GO app, will it allow me to launch Mavic outside of restricted area? If yes, how far out do I have to be?
3. What will happen to Mavic once it enters into restricted air space? Will it cause Mavic to RTH or hover?
I want to follow the rules, but sometimes they are very confusing.
Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanted to consult w you...“the experts”. Thx.
Yes, you are allowed to fly into a park as long as you launch/land outside of it, the NPS does not control airspace.

I'm not sure what you mean by restricted airspace. National Parks are not considered NFZs so unless there is some other thing like an airport or military base, there should be no problems flying over the park.
Now we wait for the VLOS people to chime in...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute