DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nav Canada drone app

Hi Evan. Other than downloading the app, I haven’t had a chance to test it out between things going on and the weather I haven’t had the drones out at all.
I'm sure there will be bugs (as most new apps have) but hopefully NavCanada gets things ironed out and we get a smooth working app. When I’ve been south of the border an used LLANC I’ve found it very easy to use, hope the Nav app works the same way.
Happy flying

Nav Drone is awful. It’s almost impossible to register - and when you succeed, gaining authorizations to fly is even harder. I have yet to get it to work. It replaced an excellent system with helpful and responsive human beings in the loop. A huge step backwards for Canadian flyers.

What is your opinion on this new app? I miss the old application form. This app seems buggy....
I believe it to be a poorly implemented POS.. I have been trying to make it work for weeks without success. Nav Canada do not provide anything but e-mail support and it seems to be driven by computer bots and completely useless. The worst thing is that, although I'm an Advanced Certificate holder, I can't fly in controlled airspace because there is now no other way to obtain authorizations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf