DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters

FletcherAero

Reactions
Hey all, would like to start a discussion regarding brands of ND filters. Does the brand really make a different. I came across a facebook thread that claimed the DJI filters give video a reddish tint. I have noticed that myself but its only in auto mode, if I use pro mode and adjust my exposures I can eliminate that. Will the more expensive filters work better than the standard DJI filters? I also currently am flying with a ND16 on all the time, I have seen different opinions on this but it seems to be the popular choice. I have also heard to stay away from polarized filters. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Happy flying all!

Hello - In most cases, you'll find that name brand filters with higher cost will offer a better performance. However, if you shot the same subject with both low and high cost filters using sport equipment, it would be difficult to see the difference. For professional use, high grade filters are worth the investment since inexpensive filters can reduce image resolution and contrast.

Contrary to your what you have heard, a polarized filter is the one best filters you can have for a drone. In many cases, a polarized filter will determine getting or not getting a usable shot. Even for general sport flying off the monitor, a polarized filter when adjusted properly reduces reflected polarities of light in the sky (glare) making the ground and subject details much more clear.

By the way - there is some informative threads on filters on this forum.

Fly Safe - Mike

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580