DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neck strap for controller?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
In the limited time I've been flying there have been several times already where I just needed both hands to do something, even if it's just turning a strobe light on. Each time I'd lay my controller on the ground, do what I had to do and pick it up again. I've not had to fly in wet or snowy conditions yet, but I certainly wouldn't want to put my controller down on wet pavement or in the snow. I know that some of the 3rd party tablet holders come with neck straps, probably because the added weight would make the pilot want to relax the hands for a few minutes now and again. But it seems to me that a neck strap would be handy to have on the controller.

Anyone using a neck strap? If so, how are you attaching it?

In the limited time I've been flying there have been several times already where I just needed both hands to do something, even if it's just turning a strobe light on. Each time I'd lay my controller on the ground, do what I had to do and pick it up again. I've not had to fly in wet or snowy conditions yet, but I certainly wouldn't want to put my controller down on wet pavement or in the snow. I know that some of the 3rd party tablet holders come with neck straps, probably because the added weight would make the pilot want to relax the hands for a few minutes now and again. But it seems to me that a neck strap would be handy to have on the controller.

what controller are you referring to ?

Reactions: Tony McDrone

Here's mine... Home made from aluminum I got from Menards, and an old Canon camera strap. The attachment point can be oriented depending on the balance you want for your setup. I use a belly brace so I can rest my shaky hands on the RC (old people!).

IMG_8490.JPGIMG_8489.JPGIMG_8491.JPGIMG_8492.JPGIMG_8494.JPG

I bought one of these from eBay, and will report when i test it. It's clearly 3d printed but looks fairly nice.

Item# 114280890401

You guys have given me some great ideas. Now that I see how some of the commercial strap setups come I think I can scrounge up some items around the house to make an acceptable home-made one. I just need something that can hold the controller and phone should I need to make a two-handed adjustment to the drone. I'm sure I a few things in my parts bin that I could use.

One that I made. My variation of a mavmount. What aircraft are you dealing with? I may have one.
Thank you - I found one on Amazon - I have a Smart Controller ordered since I asked that this morning :).
Separate eyelets & strap ordered as well.

Let me know how you feel about the eyelets that you have coming after you have installed them in the controller. When they first came out, I didn’t think they were made very well. They may have improved since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeHugger
I was thinking about one of the original suggestions of just tying a neck strap onto one of the controller's arms. That may still be a good option. But you guys have given me a few terrific ideas for a low/no cost support. I have a few ID neck straps laying around. I also found a few of these (photo below) that were originally intended to help relieve pressure from those God-awful face masks we're all required to wear these days. The plastic is a fail for that purpose... but could be "repurposed" for a controller support. I'm not sure how I'd work it so it wouldn't interfere with the controls of the screen, but it's a start. That, the ID neck strap and a spare shoe lace and a couple of holes drilled ought to do it.

plastic.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000