DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice on propellers

shaneb50

Reactions
Greetings everyone, I just recently bought some propellers for my mavic mini drone 1.
These raycorp brand. Has anyone ever used these and if so, are they any good?
Also one more question, this is for the mini drone again, has anyone ever made a night vision filter for there drone Or know if they even sell them.
Thank you so much for your advice and God bless. Have a great week everyone [emoji3]

Here is the photo of the propellers
a540387398d5c2c757c117b0d6a24aa9.jpg

These raycorp brand. Has anyone ever used these and if so, are they any good?
They could be great .. or they could be junk, who would know.
Props are kind of important to flying.
Do you really want to trust unknown plastic stuff?
has anyone ever made a night vision filter for there drone Or know if they even sell them.
There's no such thing as a night vision filter.
It's not like you can somehow filter out the darkness

Reactions: shaneb50
They could be great .. or they could be junk, who would know.
Props are kind of important to flying.
Do you really want to trust unknown plastic stuff?

There's no such thing as a night vision filter.
It's not like you can somehow filter out the darkness

Thank you, I mostly use the original mini propellers I buy, I probably won’t use the new propellers unless I have no choice like in a crash or etc. And I also have to agree with you on the filter part. Just mostly curiosity. I did once see some one using some kind of IR or some kind of night vision capability on a you tube video, but it was long ago on a evo 1 drone.

Perhaps in the future a drone with night vision might show up? Blessings [emoji106]

Some drones are equipped with infrared cameras that can differentiate between objects of different temperatures. The are often used for searches etc. and generally are expensive (for the good ones anyway).

One thing that concerns me with aftermarket individual-blade props is that the ones I have seen seem to be sold 'loose', as in, not in matched pairs.
DJI sell them in pairs, I assume this is for a reason and that that reason is not to simply up money turn over, I suspect that the reason is either or both balance and pitch etc..
I doubt that the quality control of aftermarket props exceeds that of DJI props so would question how aftermarket props can be similar enough to one another to not need matching

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I mostly use the original mini propellers I buy, I probably won’t use the new propellers unless I have no choice like in a crash or etc. And I also have to agree with you on the filter part. Just mostly curiosity. I did once see some one using some kind of IR or some kind of night vision capability on a you tube video, but it was long ago on a evo 1 drone.

Perhaps in the future a drone with night vision might show up? Blessings [emoji106]
Check out the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, but it cost more than a mini ?

The way I look at it for aftermarket props, MAS aside, is that the price 'looks' good but really is only maybe a dollar or 2 less than DJI and do you really want to entrust your $400 or more drone to some knockoff. Not to say that DJI would cover the cost of replacement if they fail but as the OEM they are vested in providing quality products to their customers. Some of the aftermarket stuff might come from the same molds and production lines BUT maybe are being sold on the cheap because they didn't pass QC. Others might be using a mold of a finished prop so the quality won't be as good and who knows whether they are using a quality plastic.

Check out the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, but it cost more than a mini ?

For thermal check out the following, all are 640 resolutions options. The EVO II 640T is a strong alternative to the EVO II Dual if you are not restricted by country of origin (COO).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth