DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help Mavic Air 2

mavic air 2 flyer

Reactions
i have a mavic air 2 it stops filming and restarts after 4 mins of flying is that normal so if i fly for 13 mins its going to have 3 seperate videos on the sd card when i look at sd card after flight is there a setting to make it film as long as the flight is or do you have to get an editing progam to dub it together to make one video

Like many other cameras, DJI drones have a file size limit of approx 4 GB.
This is normal.
You can have a longer continuous video by shooting at a lower resolution which will reduce the file size.

Like many other cameras, DJI drones have a file size limit of approx 4 GB.
This is normal.
You can have a longer continuous video by shooting at a lower resolution which will reduce the file size.
thanks for the reply that makes alot of sense .... sure like the 4k but 1080 p might still have good video quality ... thanks agian

Plenty of free video editors can compile the 4K video segments into a single 4K video. YouTube might even still be able to do so, too! That's what I started with on the P3P, originally, before upgrading to Premier Pro.

The files are temporally contiguous, and can be seamlessly joined together.

The problem lies with DJI’s assumption that it has to support the Microsoft FAT file format. This format limits any file‘s length to 4096 mB.

The files are temporally contiguous, and can be seamlessly joined together.

The problem lies with DJI’s assumption that it has to support the Microsoft FAT file format. This format limits any file‘s length to 4096 mB.
is this the same way with the mavic 2 zoom and mavic 2 pro .... and what editing program do you reccommend to join together .... thanks for your reply

I haven’t tried all the drones, but the P4 adv, the MA, and P34K all behave that way. I doubt that any don’t. DJI would need to modify the component of their software that writes files to change this.

Both Final Cut Pro X and Resolve handle this fine - you just end up with a shot that is made up of multiple pieces.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM