DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help on Mavic Air

dan1875

Reactions
I tried to use a Tablet instead of a smartphone but I ran into a strange problem. The tablet is a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
It is wire connected to the RC and shows the normal GO 4 screen but no video.
I tried a few things including Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help
but no success, I even purchased another identical tablet with exactly the same result (I will return it).
I liked that tablet since it is probably the largest which fits between the handles of the RC.
It works fine on my larger tablet (also Samsung) but it is too big.
It may be that the CPU of the TabA is not fast enough but I doubt it
Any advice?
Thanks.

I used a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone and a CrystalSky with mine. Both worked flawlessly. I don't know what processor is on the Galaxy Tab, but the problem may be other background aps running. Have you tried it in Airplane mode?

Reactions: JDawg
I used a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone and a CrystalSky with mine. Both worked flawlessly. I don't know what processor is on the Galaxy Tab, but the problem may be other background aps running. Have you tried it in Airplane mode?
Thanks, I will try it. Interestingly enough my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and it works perfectly, and as I mentioned I have a slightly older Galaxy tablet which also works perfectly with the RC but it is way too big.
Size wise the TabA was perfect for me (and for my eyes)

I tried to use a Tablet instead of a smartphone but I ran into a strange problem. The tablet is a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
It is wire connected to the RC and shows the normal GO 4 screen but no video.
I tried a few things including Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help
but no success, I even purchased another identical tablet with exactly the same result (I will return it).
I liked that tablet since it is probably the largest which fits between the handles of the RC.
It works fine on my larger tablet (also Samsung) but it is too big.
It may be that the CPU of the TabA is not fast enough but I doubt it
Any advice?
Thanks.
There are a few threads here and on the spark forum that talk about the tab-a. I know they had similar issues and ended up going with the tab-e. I don't think the A has enough power to run the app. I know the iPad mini series fits in the holder.

The Tab A is not a great choice but the no video thing is often caused by not unplugging the little side lead.

If you are using the bottom usb socket you need to unplug the lead that goes into the charging port.

The Tab A is not a great choice but the no video thing is often caused by not unplugging the little side lead.

If you are using the bottom USB socket you need to unplug the lead that goes into the charging port.

Thank you for answering. Unfortunately I am using the bottom socket (USB A) and the side one is unplugged.
Is there a tablet you would recommend? The Tab A fits well between the handles and is very light but no video on its screen is a show stopper.
The system works well with my phone but I wanted to have a dedicated display for the drone.

Thank you for answering. Unfortunately I am using the bottom socket (USB A) and the side one is unplugged.
Is there a tablet you would recommend? The Tab A fits well between the handles and is very light but no video on its screen is a show stopper.
The system works well with my phone but I wanted to have a dedicated display for the drone.

I don’t have a great deal of experience with Android tablets but I have flown very successfully with the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite and I know the M3 normal and M5 are often mentioned as well.

Of course the iPad mini 4 is a great option as is the latest iPad 2018 but appreciate not everyone wants Apple.

I am an avid android user, there are many Android tablets that people on this forum use. I tried an iPad with a mavmount and I'll never go back to using andoid again (for flying that is). Because other than Go4 I can't stand using the thing.

Yes I am getting there, i.e. using a mount and an iPad mini. I am giving up on the Samsung Tab A....
Thanks for answering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky