DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need here with mavic mini?

Reece424242

Reactions
I have a mavic mini and in the uk
The lead it comes with is to short I have brought 6 leads from ebay and amazon none of them work ?
I need it to go to my Samsung pud or Samsung phone
Can anyone help thanks reece

Turn the phone over so the connection is on the right side as you are looking down on the controller. The stock cable should be long enough for any phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flakey Flier
Turn the phone over so the connection is on the right side looking down on the controller. The stock cable should be long enough for any phone.
Yes, this works.

I was a bit stumped too before I realized that the Mini-1 controller wants the phone to be "upside down"...!

You'll need the cable between the controller and phone/tablet to be USB OTG compatible, as well as having all the data and power pins connected.

I've used plain vanilla USB-C to USB-C cables with all my Minis, and never had a a problem.

The OTG thing might well explain some the odd behavior that I've seen using the C to C cable with my DJI FPV, however.

I've used plain vanilla USB-C to USB-C cables with all my Minis, and never had a a problem.

The OTG thing might well explain some the odd behavior that I've seen using the C to C cable with my DJI FPV, however.
The mini 1 controller has a Micro A connector on it so a USB-C cable wouldn't have worked without an adapter at one end. A standard USB Micro-B to Micro-B (or type C) cable doesn't work for the mini 1 as I tried this for hooking up my tablet. It needed to have an OTG adapter in between controller and tablet.

I can't find any good references to categorically confirm, but I think that USB-C automatically caters for OTG functionality.

... I can't find any good references to categorically confirm, but I think that USB-C automatically caters for OTG functionality.
From this site, USB OTG: Everything you need to know, some do and some don't:
A few peripherals, like flash drives, come with a USB-C end and can be plugged into a phone or tablet directly. However, more often than not, you will need a USB OTG cable or adapter.
My Samsung phones have all had USB-C ports, but they wouldn't connect to the RC with a standard cable.

Reactions: scro
From this site, USB OTG: Everything you need to know, some do and some don't:

My Samsung phones have all had USB-C ports, but they wouldn't connect to the RC with a standard cable.
I don't think I worded my earlier post well. What I meant to say was USB-C cables may automatically work as OTG cables. As you say, some USB-C peripherals support OTG, and others don't. I have an OTG enabled sd card reader that plugs straight into my ohone and appeard as removable storage. Standard USB -A cables certainly don't allow OTG functionality. Plugging my phone and tablet to each other with a standard USB-C cable allows me to access files on one device from the other.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr