DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need suggestions for my 1st drone.

gypsy1

Reactions
Hello Pilots,
I am new here & after reading couple of threads & watching tons of YT videos I have decided to buy Mini 3 pro fly more Combo over Air2s.
My primary use will be for photo, video, panorama & hyper lapses for architectural & mapping projects. I have few questions which I am looking for some experienced user who can answer.

1. RC supplied with combo is said to be better since it has bright screen built in but I get a sense that having inbuilt antennae in its body many users are reporting & having very low range.
Is RC-N1 better having a telescoping antenna and it is away from the main body of the RC hence better range since it has externally exposed phone mount in which antennae is built in? Also I can record flight screen with 4k & mirror it on another device which I cant do on RC in combo.

2. Litchi & Rainbow app as of now cant use its mapping feature since the SDK is not made available by DJI for mini 3 pro (DJI confirms they will do it 2nd quarter of 2023) RC cannot install 3rd party apps (that's what I know) hence buying RC N1 better option later in the year when I can use Litchi app on my phone once its made compatible with Mini3pro?

3. Does Mini 3 pro shoot Normal HLG in 10 bit or 10 bit only available in Dcinelike?

4. I usually don't plan to fly in high wind conditions, how good & stable is Mini 3 pro shooting hyperlapse in windy conditions?

5. Is FCC mode vs CE issue fixed with latest firmware update which gave many users low range problems?

6. Any place I can download some test DNG files shot from Mini 3 pro in bright sunlight & low light to test before I buy? or any member can kindly share some files for testing, that will be very helpful.

7. 12mp vs 48mp what is the size of each file & does 48mp give real resolution or its just interpolated from 12mp?

I am hoping to start with Mini3pro & graduate to Mavic 3 cine next year once I am proficient with flying & filming.
Looking forward for answers to get my first drone.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
I see you're in India. Are consumer drones not illegal there? I seem to remember someone on this forum buying a Mini 3 from Japan and taking it to India, only to have it not fly beyond 50ft or something.

I see you're in India. Are consumer drones not illegal there? I seem to remember someone on this forum buying a Mini 3 from Japan and taking it to India, only to have it not fly beyond 50ft or something.
The limit for Mini 3 pro I am getting is 120meters if needed I can get unlocked upto 500 meters.
50 feet limit is for Mini 2 drone but I know users who unlocked that too.
Consumer drones need to be registered with DGCA on Digital sky website which is why I am starting with Nano drone for which registration not required for Indian citizens.

You should be able to find a RC-N1 controller for less than $100 USD. You can use it when you want to use Litchi or Rainbow and the RC when you just want to fly manually.

Reactions: gypsy1
You should be able to find a RC-N1 controller for less than $100 USD. You can use it when you want to use Litchi or Rainbow and the RC when you just want to fly manually.
That makes better sense I will go for the mini 3pro combo as of now. As & when Litchi is compatible later this year will consider buying RC-N1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne