DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New and very first drone, MA2.

• Thread starter Deleted member 128089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 128089

Hello and just checking in with everyone here. Totally new to drones and just got my Mavic Air 2. All I can say is it's fantastic and so easy and fun to fly. Love it and wished I bought one long ago. I'm registered with the FAA, drone is identified with the correct info and have read up on any and everything relating to flying, photography and laws.

But... A big but...

After returning home and following all rules as I thought I have done. I get a BIG knock on my door with two officers outside and 4 police cars parked in front of my house. Open the door and asked if I was flying a drone. Well me, no! But tell the truth about finding a drone in my yard two days ago and returning it to my neighbors kids. They we very adamant with me providing the location of where the drone came from that I found. I just laughed and said I am not sure and I don't really care. They left and continued looking for the source of the drone.

So what gives? I flew right at 395 feet maximum, never over anyone's home but did come close going over greenbelt to reach the forest. Stayed in my back yard most all of the time with the yard being at an acre. Never stopped looking for fat women tanning in their yards nude and really could care less what my neighbors are doing in the yards.

Four police cars in the front of my house and two officers at my front door is way overboard. Does anyone have a real source of Washington State laws regarding drone flight and laws? Just want to make sure I'm in compliance with all and any regulations.

Thanks and happy flying.

Welcome to the forum.
First I’m curious if you
have read up on any and everything relating to flying, photography and laws.
Why are you asking
Does anyone have a real source of Washington State laws regarding drone flight and laws?
Now knowing what they were wanting to know why didn’t you tell them. Maybe they had been doing something that
would give our hobby more negativity. .
From what you posted if they were that adamant finding them I wonder what they had done.
Far as we know they might have needed 4 cars in your neighborhood.
You might look in this section to find what you seek.

Welcome to the forum.
First I’m curious if you Why are you asking
Now knowing what they were wanting to know why didn’t you tell them. Maybe they had been doing something that
would give our hobby more negativity. .
From what you posted if they were that adamant finding them I wonder what they had done.
Far as we know they might have needed 4 cars in your neighborhood.
You might look in this section to find what you seek.

I've been reading for 7 months. Just how much more research do I need to verify? Per everything that I have read I am in compliance with the FAA. That is easy to find and easy to understand. But the local laws are very confusing and all I wish to do is be safe and follow the current laws.

I'm the one flying the done in "my" yard and never went anywhere other than greenbelt. The forest is not a park nor is it private land. The police were looking for a drone flier and yes, there could have been another one near me.

Thanks for your help

I don’t see how they managed to follow you home ... you’d been out somewhere so where? Upload your air data and people can comment with relevant data ...

I was flying over my house for over 1.5 hours or so. I did head west over the greenbelt and over the forest. Stayed there for maybe 1 minute and turned right around. I'm to new to flying and not comfortable going far away right now. So I wet close to 2000 feet away from my home point.

No clue how to upload that data, nor do I wish it published here.

If your neighborhood is anything like mine, then you could simply have some whiny paranoid uninformed neighbors. I remember our Nextdoor app once had a contentious thread on drones. Some neighbors even summoned the police. Eventually everyone was set straight and our Police Department put out a statement explaining FAA rules and how a drone flying over your house is not trespassing.

The police were looking for a drone flier and yes, there could have been another one near me.
Yes you said
But tell the truth about finding a drone in my yard two days ago and returning it to my neighbors kids.
I’m sorry your post just didn’t add up And still don’t.
Now you say there could have been but to start with
you said it was and you returned it..
As far as uploading your data there isn’t any need but if you’ve been reading here 7 months you’ve had to have seen
the threads where how to was posted but that’s no matter
cause if you ever have an issue someone would post that link for you.
Stay safe .?

Thanks guys, just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong. There was a little kids drone that crashed and was stuck in my tree the other day so maybe it was them, I don't know. I just laughed and helped his mother retrieve it for him. If not then it's another self entitled neighbor which there are plenty around here.

@dirkclod. Apparently there are many other sources of drone laws and information other than here. But thank you none the less. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580