DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Battery Discovery

That is good news!! Funny how they discover new tech mostly by accident.
Might be a few years until our drones can take advantage of this new technology.

That is good news!! Funny how they discover new tech mostly by accident.
Might be a few years until our drones can take advantage of this new technology.
That will be wonderful for e-bikes.

Honestly, our drones will never take advantage of this technology - but maybe the drones 2-3 generations from now might.

YEY! I've BEEN SO HOPING FOR A JUMP IN BATTERY TECH. It's a boon for all things that use batteries. The Electric car industry will finally be feasible. It sort of is now, but with these batteries, Electric cars will really do well. Imagin putting solar panels on the hood, roof and trunk of your car also. These batteries could get charged while your at work and can also handle the extra weight of the panels. I'm just skimming the surface.

YEY! I've BEEN SO HOPING FOR A JUMP IN BATTERY TECH. It's a boon for all things that use batteries. The Electric car industry will finally be feasible. It sort of is now, but with these batteries, Electric cars will really do well. Imagin putting solar panels on the hood, roof and trunk of your car also. These batteries could get charged while your at work and can also handle the extra weight of the panels. I'm just skimming the surface.
Bringing back a 3 month old thread are you. Getting desperate to post .?

Bringing back a 3 month old thread are you. Getting desperate to post .?
I JUST CREATED A NEW UPDATED THREAD. I did some research. Check it out. It's all 2021 stuff. The 1st article is about a battery manufacturer ready to make new lighter cooler and more powerful batteries within the year for commercial drone market. They'll probably be expensive. I have a lot of time on my hands, and am really disappointed in the current state of batteries and not just for drones.

am really disappointed in the current state of batteries and not just for drones.
Ha, the current state of batteries are lightyears ahead of anything we could have imagined 30 years ago. The advancements the past 10 years have far outstripped anything like time period before.

Used to race RC cars. 25+ years ago we would pay $75 for a good matched pack of 1200mAh NiCd batteries.. When 1700 then 2000mAh NiMh batteries came around we were in heaven even though the price was $100 a pack and they would only be usable for 20 or so races (anyone remember the purple Panasonic cells?) if you were lucky.

Or lets go back to the late 1980s / early 1990s and the Chrysler TE Van. Worked in the Advanced Engineering Dept of a big 3 tier 1 supplier and we developed parts for the TE. The 1800lb pounds of first NiFe, then NiCd (later NiMh) batteries would get you 54 miles with regenerative braking.

Now with 5000+ mAh LiPo batteries lasting 100+ races available at $75 a pop, there is more power available then what can be used. For years the RC industry had been one of the leaders in battery capacity and power delivery development. I would say that the auto industry are the ones doing most of the high end development work now.

Reactions: AZDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007