DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Fly app 1.4.2. How do you update the Smart Controller?

melmartin

Reactions
I did get the update for the Fly app on my iPhone this morning, but wondering how to update the SC version? It's not even listed on the DJI download page yet, and am thinking there must be some sort of check for update function on the Smart Controller. I see the firmware update button. Thanks

I did get the update for the Fly app on my iPhone this morning, but wondering how to update the SC version? It's not even listed on the DJI download page yet, and am thinking there must be some sort of check for update function on the Smart Controller. I see the firmware update button. Thanks
Go to the download page here:
It shows 2 methods

Reactions: Rattydude77
Does that mean using the Smart Controller browser to do that? Sorry, but I'm a new owner of the SC. and is there some special procedure to install it after you do that. I'm an iOS guy, not an Android guy. Thanks.

Does that mean using the Smart Controller browser to do that? Sorry, but I'm a new owner of the SC. and is there some special procedure to install it after you do that. I'm an iOS guy, not an Android guy. Thanks.
yes, you can download and install the APK... just like in any other android tablet. Go to the website and download the file. It may ask you for permission to install it.

Terrific.. was able to download and install it. All working. Appreciate the help. Would be nice if when you launched Fly, it asked if you wanted to update and it just did it. But this was not too difficult...thanks again.

Reactions: macoman
I have the Samsung Note 9, I previously had the DJI Fly App on it, now it does not show in the Play Store.

I have the Samsung Note 9, I previously had the DJI Fly App on it, now it does not show in the Play Store.
The DJI Fly App is no longer available in the Play Store. In the Smart Controller you can update the app by downloading it from DJI's downloads page on their web site using the web browser in the controller. The same applies to any smart phone. You can then use the file manager to find the .APK file and install it from there. Once you've updated to the most recent version, it should automatically start notifying you of updates in the future as they are published and it will download them in the background and then offer to install them.

Basically, DJI has a shorter release cycle than the Play Store allows them.

The DJI Fly App is no longer available in the Play Store. In the Smart Controller you can update the app by downloading it from DJI's downloads page on their web site using the web browser in the controller. The same applies to any smart phone. You can then use the file manager to find the .APK file and install it from there. Once you've updated to the most recent version, it should automatically start notifying you of updates in the future as they are published and it will download them in the background and then offer to install them.

Basically, DJI has a shorter release cycle than the Play Store allows them.
Thank you for the response Atxen. So now I am not able to use my Note9 with the Air 2s controller. Great!

Thank you for the response Atxen. So now I am not able to use my Note9 with the Air 2s controller. Great!
The app will work perfectly on a Note 9...You just have to get the Fly app from the DJI downloads and then "manually" install the APK file...Once you do that (newest version), it will notify you of updates through the app. DJI has not used the Playstore for the Fly app for the last few versions/revisions.

Thank you jmbsmt63. I found the following video that also has a link directly to the DJI Fly app for the android. Worked and I am in business. Video and link below for other users that need to install it on an Android. Thanks Again!

It says 1.2.24, but the link goes to the latest version.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thanks to you guys, I just updated the Fly app on my SC. Then it prompted me to the firmware update available. Once my SC was rebound and firmware downloaded, my sluggish yaw issue was GONE! I was not even using the smart controller anymore because it worked so poorly with the Air2S, so thanks to you guys for sending me down the right path to solution!

Smart Controller Fly App Update now works just like on the new Versions on a Smartphone. You launch your app while connected to a WIFI, the App checks for updates, finds the update, downloads the update and installs it. No more firmware updates required for that task and automatically always instantly up-to-date, just as easy as that.

The trouble with this is it updates you to 1.4.2 which does not work with the Air 2S. When you switch from video to camera the video feed locks up. It's a frustrating problem. I hope DJI fixes it. they are certainly aware of it. But yes, the update function is there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose