DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone?

Also elderly, Just upgraded from MM1 to a used A2 at a very good price as folks move to the A2s. Either Air2 would be worth upgrading for the sensors and wind resistance. Been using Phantoms for years and the MM for 1-1/2 and enjoy it much but a little weak in a couple areas. A2s camera was not that important to me for the price difference. Enjoy

@DWL welcome to the forum,there is nothing foolish about enjoying your hobby with what ever drone you like ,just a word on the obstacle avoidance you mentioned,it is not foolproof as many have found out and in fact sometimes having the mindset that it will save your drone ,if you make a mistake,will lead you in to a false sense of security, thats not to say that in some instances it will save the drone from hitting something

Am an elderly pilot flying only for fun with MAVIC Mini. For better reception ,and obstacle avoidance am I foolish to consider the the new Air 2S ?
I too am getting up there in years, and am also in SC. Welcome to the forum!! If you are only flying for fun, same as me, The Mavic Air 2 might be a good bet , a bit cheaper than the 2S and the major difference I see is the better camera, you might not really need that if you are just flying for fun. I went the other way and got a DJI FPV after selling my MA2... talk about more fun! But thats me.

Reactions: tlswift58
Welcome to the forum. You have the experience of lying the Mini 1. You are not bothered about camera upgrading all that much. You just want better connectivity whilst flying. You don't want to spend too much.

Solution, buy the Mini 2 fly more combo and you will have lots more fun. Byproduct! The camera is an upgrade (4k) just in case you get into taking videos and photos for family members.
Most of all, enjoy, Stay safe!

Am an elderly pilot flying only for fun with MAVIC Mini. For better reception ,and obstacle avoidance am I foolish to consider the the new Air 2S ?
I am 82, nearing 83 actually. I moved up from Mavic Air 1 to Mavic 2 Pro and I've never had more fun in my life. Just be prepared to also learn how to edit video and still images. Without being able to show your production to friends and others, the satisfaction will not be a great. Total time with any drone now three years. Don't even think about it- just go ahead and buy it.

No your never foolish enjoying something new. And from the sky everything seems new. There is a ton of places to fly in our state (SC) to capture some beautiful pictures and video so get that MA2S had i not just bought my MA2 just before the release i would have a MA2S

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Early 60's and an Air2. Great bird and in Western NC. Won't go to the Air2S, but maybe when and if DJI comes out with the Air3 or something like it. Had my Air2 for a year and far exceeds the Mini (1) that is sitting on the shelf.

I do take a lot of pics and video's - so the Air2 is a plus over the Mini (1).

Reactions: old man mavic
Try it if you have the cash, can't hurt to have too many choices. Think BIG!!!

Mini 2 has worked wonders for me and I love it.

Superb camera, small size - causes far less attention when flying wherever there are people or animal subject matter (legally), one of the quietest of all the drone options, excellent connectivity with my signal booster, and I take it everywhere with me for a shot of I see one.

I'm waiting for the mini 3, which inevitably will bring me tech that will soon be on par with the best available today plus features. With the rollout speed of DJI and growing pressure for smaller and quieter drones, this should be in 2022 (after the Mavic 3 end of this year ?).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+