DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware???

bmoore1118

Reactions
I was just updating my DJY fly app and I notice something interesting.

The update is mostly for the Mini 3 Pro but there was a second line.

"DJI Air 2S new supports taking photos in RAW format. Aircraft firmware needs to be updated to latest version"

I haven't done anything with the drone yet, but is this adding Raw-only shooting?

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Just downloaded it and they are right.
I can choose RAWs only. Shooting both JPGs and RAWs and afterwards deleting the jpgs was a waste.
BTW I didn't notice before that in bracketing the EV range is expanded. Or maybe I never noticed that it went past -.3 EV?

"DJI Air 2S new supports taking photos in RAW format. Aircraft firmware needs to be updated to latest version"

I haven't done anything with the drone yet, but is this adding Raw-only shooting?
What's the version number for the new firmware?

I just started the Air 2S and the version and it's showing 2.04.2150 as the current version, with no update needed.

I can choose RAWs only. Shooting both JPGs and RAWs and afterwards deleting the jpgs was a waste.
BTW I didn't notice before that in bracketing the EV range is expanded. Or maybe I never noticed that it went past -.3 EV?
Nice that you can do raw only now (I assume for only certain modes). That's something I prefer.

Far as exposure compensation, I always been able to go beyond a third of a stop.

Reactions: ken11011 and DanJ

Just updated the Fly app, and yes we can finally shoot RAW only. It's not in the normal camera settings. You have to be in photo mode then click the bottom right to pull up those settings. Thanks for posting.

What's the version number for the new firmware?

I just started the Air 2S and the version and it's showing 2.04.2150 as the current version, with no update needed.
I believe they are talking about the Fly App rather than the A/C firmware

I have always been able to go out to 5 shots for HDR photos

Is the RAW only option in addition to the jpeg and jpeg+raw choices? Or, does it get rid of jpeg+raw option? I plan on traveling internationally with my drone and may not have a device that can edit/process raw files, so the jpeg+raw option would be a good choice in my particular situation.

Is the RAW only option in addition to the jpeg and jpeg+raw choices? Or, does it get rid of jpeg+raw option? I plan on traveling internationally with my drone and may not have a device that can edit/process raw files, so the jpeg+raw option would be a good choice in my particular situation.
Will let you know later today.

Btw if you're on Android, Snapseed a free editor from Google edits raw files.

Will let you know later today.

Btw if you're on Android, Snapseed a free editor from Google edits raw files.
Thanks. I didn't know that as I stay as far away from google stuff as I can. Please post on what the update involves. I'm usually an update freak but have learned to let others be the guinea pigs before I jump in. LOL!

Thanks. I didn't know that as I stay as far away from google stuff as I can. Please post on what the update involves. I'm usually an update freak but have learned to let others be the guinea pigs before I jump in. LOL!
The JPG/RAW option is still there along with the new RAW only option

Do any members have a solution to the "unable to take-off" error code 30064? I cannot seem to find a solution, please advise!

Do any members have a solution to the "unable to take-off" error code 30064? I cannot seem to find a solution, please advise!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+