DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware

zinko

Reactions
Hi guys

I recived new firmware. Mavic 3

There is 400mb for aircraft - fixing some know issues.

Someone know what is this fix?

Maby that can now see us with dronescanner app?

Or some secret limitations? They are good in that!

Attachments

• IMG_0178.png
    IMG_0178.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Cafguy
With the exception of some minor updates This firmware update is primarily aimed at users in China. The country has a new set of provisional drone laws that came into effect on January 1, 2024, and this update will help drone pilots comply with local regulation requirements. Broadly, these new regulations are expected to prevent security risks related to drones and provide enhanced legal support for the robust development of the UAV industry in China.
According to the regulations, drone owners will be asked to present a form of identification when registering with authorities, and those who use and operate drones should have certain qualifications. No-fly zones and airspaces that are open to drones are being revamped with application processes required for activities involving drones.

Reactions: Point Zero
Thanks for jumping in! And please keep us up to date on any changes you see.
I spoke too soon..
I am not sure if I am imagining this but after the upgrade to.500 the GPS satelite acquisition became very slow. Basically it fluctuates between 6 to 9 satelites for up to 3 to 4 minutes. As a consequence the Home Point takes ages to register.
I downgraded to .300 via the Assistant 2 and my M3P now gets 10 to 17 satelites as quickly as before the upgrade. I have GPS hold in about 30 sec to 90 sec and ready to take off.

Last edited:
Reactions: steaneb
I spoke too soon..
I am not sure if I am imagining this but after the upgrade to.500 the GPS satelite acquisition became very slow. Basically it fluctuates between 6 to 9 satelites for up to 3 to 4 minutes. As a consequence the Home Point takes ages to register.
I downgraded to .300 via the Assistant 2 and my M3P now gets 10 to 17 satelites as quickly as before the upgrade. I have GPS hold in about 30 sec to 90 sec and ready to take off.
I've heard the same from several others, GPS acquisition has slowed. For those of us who remember the GPS disaster in the early days of the M3, this is not as bad and is still mostly tolerable. From what I've seen it's not off the scales. If this is a problem, I predict it will be fixed next time.

I've heard the same from several others, GPS acquisition has slowed. For those of us who remember the GPS disaster in the early days of the M3, this is not as bad and is still mostly tolerable. From what I've seen it's not off the scales. If this is a problem, I predict it will be fixed next time.
My uderstanding is that this FW was mostly made for China region to make the drones compliant with the new rules up there.
I could not see anything worthy in it to keep it, so reverting to the previous one was a logical thing to do, for me anyway. The slow GPS acquisition broke the deal for me😉..

My uderstanding is that this FW was mostly made for China region to make the drones compliant with the new rules up there.
I could not see anything worthy in it to keep it, so reverting to the previous one was a logical thing to do, for me anyway. The slow GPS acquisition broke the deal for me😉..
Ok I'll see how it goes if I need to revert back since it's allowed. I usually just take the firmware regardless but if it adversely impacts the drone, happy to go back as well.

I may have happened before this last firmware, but I just now noticed that I again can turn off the red front leds while recording, and can control the bottom white led manually. I was pretty annoyed when these options disappeared back when the C1 firmwares were installed (Europe).

For FAA the drone is an aircraft. Can you imaginate an aircraft manufacturer releasing updates to their airplanes and just saying "Fix some bugs" without explaining what is behind? what will say FAA? At some point this needs to be regulated to avoid problems.

For FAA the drone is an aircraft. Can you imaginate an aircraft manufacturer releasing updates to their airplanes and just saying "Fix some bugs" without explaining what is behind? what will say FAA? At some point this needs to be regulated to avoid problems.
The release notes given to the general public are different than the "release notes" the FAA has access to.

The release notes given to the general public are different than the "release notes" the FAA has access to.
I will love to see the release notes for FAA. We as aircraft owners have the same rights to know what is behind.

I will love to see the release notes for FAA. We as aircraft owners have the same rights to know what is behind.
I disagree. There could be improvements that are proprietary and no suitable to be shared with the public. Also there may be technical details that the public cannot comprehend. You should realize the competitor is reading the release notes too and sometimes you may not want to share everything you do. Also if there are some silly fixes, it just doesn't look well when your release notes are pages and pages full of fixes where the public is obviously thinking maybe this product wasn't ready to launch. For the most part, the amount that is shared is appropriate particularly when divulge at the high level (without all the detail). There's no reason to hide anything from the public so honestly there's nothing missing that you really need to know about.

I think the company views us as consumers, not aircraft owners. But if you are an agency for example, I can see being made available more detail.

Reactions: Filmarik
I disagree. There could be improvements that are proprietary and no suitable to be shared with the public. Also there may be technical details that the public cannot comprehend. You should realize the competitor is reading the release notes too and sometimes you may not want to share everything you do. Also if there are some silly fixes, it just doesn't look well when your release notes are pages and pages full of fixes where the public is obviously thinking maybe this product wasn't ready to launch. For the most part, the amount that is shared is appropriate particularly when divulge at the high level (without all the detail). There's no reason to hide anything from the public so honestly there's nothing missing that you really need to know about.

I think the company views us as consumers, not aircraft owners. But if you are an agency for example, I can see being made available more detail.
DJI uses the same lingo as everyone else. Just read you cell phone or computer FW or software update release notes, as an example. What annoys me more than this is that some trivial issues have been ignored for years and not addressed in any of the FW releases. Guidelines discussed recently in Mavic 3 Forum being one such thing. Something which would be a relatively simple fix I presume, lingering there for months and months

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
I still did not update the drone….know now someone what is this firmware for?

I am in eu and try today scan my drone with drone scanner…

My drone is not see with scanner… How is that possible?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne