DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Vancouver

Smason

Reactions
Hi all, just pulled the trigger on a MM + Fly More kit.

Going to be looking at all the info here for what can improve my MM experience.

I flew FPV drones a few years ago and Fail-Safed a few hundred feet above the ground. Then Canada required a license above 250g. Never bothered fixing it so I got a tinywhoop just to play around with.

I go fishing in the Bahamas for bonefish and some friends use drones to see them in the water. I am looking for the best filter for reducing the glare and giving me the best chance to spot them. Any suggestions are welcome!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a good camera.

The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't buck the wind as well as the beefier drones. On windy days, it’s best to fly upwind, so you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Lots of fun stuff to shoot all over your neck of the woods. Whenever you have questions, there are over 100,000 of us here to help you learn to be a better pilot and photographer. Just ask!

As for a filter for reducing glare, go with a polarizing filter with the appropriate ND factor. The polarizer works best when the light source (sun) is at right angles to where your lens is pointing. Early morning or late afternoon will give you greatest advantage. High noon the least.

Happy flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69