DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Guy,and DJI Mavic Pro needed update.

bagotfish

Reactions
Hello out there,
Almost brand-new to flying drones. About two months ago wife bought me a Parrot Bebop 3.0. Crashed it in the snow, then stepped on it while looking for it. "Parts only" I bought another one, but this time with a sky controller. Needless to say I was pretty much hooked after flying and being able to really control it. Well, that brings me up to ordering the DJI Mavic Pro with the extra batteries and crappy case. Sorry, I guess there is some out there that do like the case / bag.
Received the DJI Mavic Pro day before yesterday, Thursday afternoon 02/02/17 here in Palmer, Alaska. Spent hours trying to get the latest update installed. Finally gave up last night in the early morning hours. Of course, every time it failed to install around 68%. There was a request to send off the information of the failure, I was thinking DJI might just send me an email explaining what I should do. That never happened. After prying my eyes open around the crack of noon yesterday now Friday 03/04 , I started at it again. several hours trying everything I could learn from the DJI tectorials. including downloading the DJI assistant 2 on my impressive desk top Mac system. Nothing but failures. Tried YouTube, more failures. Joined this forum and learned about some other folks that are having troubles getting the update to install.
Well I resolved my/the problem by simply utilizing the DJI assistant 2 with Windows 10 on a older laptop,although it originally failed to update until I uploaded the previous update before the actual current one. In other words, my system arrived Thursday with the 300 series, at least I think that was the last three digits of the update. I had been trying all these many times to directly download and install the last three digit 500 series. Never worked. Simply out of desperation, with the DJI assistant 2 on the laptop again with Windows 10 I finally had a positive experience. My uploading and updating the 400 series update. Just pushed the back button after it was 100% complete, and easily installed the 500 current and latest update. Finally, I'm done with this! I did learn a great deal. As I'm really not a tech guy.
Not sure this will help anyone, but maybe.... As soon as the wind lays a bit. I look forward to flying this fantastic looking machine.
Thanks, Bagotfish

Reactions: Bunny Too
I have stepped on thousands of dollars of toys by now, I try to be careful....
Regards,
-d.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329