DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro pilot wanting bottom line opinions on goggles

Because of the requirement to maintain VLOS of the drone I’ll spend my $ on other things, like traveling to new places to fly.

So, I took a chance and just bought the RE goggles. They are $100 off right now, so that helped. Mainly, I want them to allow others to watch my flights and experience this. I have read mixed reports on the range issue, but what is usually suggested is to use the pagoda antenna and manually select 2.4 GHz.

Secondly, I will probably find myself chilling with these watching a movie from my laptop now and again. Can someone tell me what HDMI cable I would need for this. My laptop has a standard HDMI out which right now is used for a larger flatscreen monitor which also has standard HDMI input. I’m pretty sure this cable will not work on the goggles though. Can someone give me some info from experience regarding this? Thanks!

The goggles arrived yesterday morning, and we had a chance to try them out in the afternoon. With a fully up to date Mavic 2 Pro, current DJI Go 4, and latest firmware on the goggles, everything worked flawlessly together. We had no range issues at all, and were easily able to accomplish an over water flight two miles out to a small set of uninhabited islands - other than a lot of nesting sea birds.

My eyes required a set of +3.5 DJI lenses to be installed in the goggles, and with them, I was able to see the HD video feed very clearly along with the flight info from the app. When my younger nephews wore them, we removed the corrective lenses and changed the display to full screen while I flew from my iPad. They loved it, especially while flying low over the water and then over the tops of trees. Both said it was a very interesting perspective, and both said the image was very clear. All in all, I'm happy with them.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada