DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini owner looking for flying locations around Leeds

gstam42

Reactions
Hi all,

Keen hobbyist photographer who just purchased my first drone, a Mavic Mini, in the hopes of getting into some aerial photography. I'm located in Leeds.

I understand the drone code (via the Drone Safe website). I've spent hours searching forums like this, YouTube, Facebook, etc. trying to figure out where I can safely fly (without getting into trouble with police, pissing off a landowner, etc.), and I'm having trouble deciding on good locations - locations that are both quiet, safe, and offer aerial views worth trying to photograph. I'd like to be able to get in, get out, without bothering anyone, having to ask permission, etc.

I've been really disappointed in seeing all the 'no drone flying' signs in various locations I've visited recently for normal photography, including last week in the Peak District. And apparently the only public location within Leeds I can legally fly is Middleton Park? Was hoping for Woodhouse Moor (when it's empty), Golden Acre Park, etc.

Does anyone have sites they've visited recently that they can recommend? Thanks!

Reactions: kaeg and Mick Tonks
Hi,

I’m from Leeds and just purchased a Mavic mini, did you manage to find any good area to fly around in Leeds ?

Hi there , I'm from Leeds also Hunslet infact and I too have been looking for areas to fly also and I also practice in Middleton park clearings . If you find any interesting sites then please pass them on and I'll do the same for you also . Kindest regards....Mick .

Reactions: kaeg
Hi all,

Keen hobbyist photographer who just purchased my first drone, a Mavic Mini, in the hopes of getting into some aerial photography. I'm located in Leeds.

I understand the drone code (via the Drone Safe website). I've spent hours searching forums like this, YouTube, Facebook, etc. trying to figure out where I can safely fly (without getting into trouble with police, pissing off a landowner, etc.), and I'm having trouble deciding on good locations - locations that are both quiet, safe, and offer aerial views worth trying to photograph. I'd like to be able to get in, get out, without bothering anyone, having to ask permission, etc.

I've been really disappointed in seeing all the 'no drone flying' signs in various locations I've visited recently for normal photography, including last week in the Peak District. And apparently the only public location within Leeds I can legally fly is Middleton Park? Was hoping for Woodhouse Moor (when it's empty), Golden Acre Park, etc.

Does anyone have sites they've visited recently that they can recommend? Thanks!
Hi Mick. Wish I could help but I'm also struggling. Purchased mavic mini recently and can't fly it anywhere near home as I live in cookridge so 'restricted zone' due to airport. Wish I'd thought about that before I bought it. Can't even fly indoors. Golden acre a no go.
Regards Mick B.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji