DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new mavic platinum - issues with video cutting out, glimbal slant and drone not stable

woodentom

Reactions
Following the theft of my mavic pro i decide to go for the platinum and this morning tried it for the first time. the software was updated and the batteries charged but i have had some issues that i need help with

the controller seems to take longer to connect to the drone than the pro. then when it all seemed sorted, the screen on the DJI app was blank on occassions where the image should be except for a small detail at the top. then of a couple of occassions it diconnected again with one of the icons at the top of the screen going red and all the data i.e. height and distance said "VA" i believe.

the biggest issue i had was that though this occurred after i turned it on,on 2 occassions it happened whilst i was flying it so losing the feed when the drone is in the air is very worrying. the last time it happened the drone was 400m away so i had to bring it back via the controller data.....very concerning.

any suggestions on this?

then when the image was working, the picture seemed at an angle and not horizontal. i know i can move the gimbal down and up but not to reset the horizon. it sort of corrected itself each time i flew but why is this happening

finally my old pro would stay very still in hooving but this moves as i see the image hooving when i am not touching any of the controls. it seems to go left slightly. there was no wind today.

i didn't seem to want to fly in a straight line but that maybe over sensitive joysticks

any help is appreciated.

Following the theft of my mavic pro i decide to go for the platinum and this morning tried it for the first time. the software was updated and the batteries charged but i have had some issues that i need help with

the controller seems to take longer to connect to the drone than the pro. then when it all seemed sorted, the screen on the DJI app was blank on occassions where the image should be except for a small detail at the top. then of a couple of occassions it diconnected again with one of the icons at the top of the screen going red and all the data i.e. height and distance said "VA" i believe.

the biggest issue i had was that though this occurred after i turned it on,on 2 occassions it happened whilst i was flying it so losing the feed when the drone is in the air is very worrying. the last time it happened the drone was 400m away so i had to bring it back via the controller data.....very concerning.

any suggestions on this?

then when the image was working, the picture seemed at an angle and not horizontal. i know i can move the gimbal down and up but not to reset the horizon. it sort of corrected itself each time i flew but why is this happening

finally my old pro would stay very still in hooving but this moves as i see the image hooving when i am not touching any of the controls. it seems to go left slightly. there was no wind today.

i didn't seem to want to fly in a straight line but that maybe over sensitive joysticks

any help is appreciated.

. IMG_0837.PNG IMG_0838.PNG#

i have tested it again and these are the messages that are appearing

What version of the firmware ?

What version of the DJI Go 4 app ?

What phone or table are you using with the AC ?

Have you done a firmware refresh and reset back to factory settings in DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

Have you re-linked the RC to the AC to reset everything

For those times where you have a blank screen and a small image on the top of the screen sounds like "full screen mode" just swipe down to turn it off.

For the angled image, there is an "adjust camera gimbal" function in DJI Go 4 that allows you to set the roll of the gimbal (straighten the horizon) , I'd probably do a gimbal calibration while your there.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee