DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro owner as of today

I must admit that I also did not notice any camera shaking going on in the film I watched. Maybe you could tell us what time frame to look at to see where it starts jumping around.

5 secs in. I will post a more pronouced video from today.
Ahh yes I see that quite clearly. Almost a slight sideways juddering there as it flies towards you. It would be interesting to see if you could actually see if it was the camera itself shaking about or if it was just in the transmission, somehow, of the signal to the Micro SD card.

I don’t see the gimbal bouncing around at all and I was thinking it was a transmission issue because it doesn’t do it all the time.
Hi Djr, well if that is the case then it is not a faulty camera or gimbal, but something to do with the signal transmission. I would still return the drone and get a new one. Then, if the same thing happens in the same place, you know is has to be a signal interference from some unknown source.

You never know what is being shot through the air in the way or microwave signals or anything else for that matter. In the old days when I would fly my own plane, I mounted a video camera on the outside, next to about where my hip would be in the cockpit. I had terrible jello video due to strong RF off of something on the aircraft, possible the engine or wiring. I built an aluminium box and encapsulated the camera in that, apart from the lens, and it all stopped and allowed me to capture good video footage.

Hi Djr, well if that is the case then it is not a faulty camera or gimbal, but something to do with the signal transmission. I would still return the drone and get a new one. Then, if the same thing happens in the same place, you know is has to be a signal interference from some unknown source.

You never know what is being shot through the air in the way or microwave signals or anything else for that matter. In the old days when I would fly my own plane, I mounted a video camera on the outside, next to about where my hip would be in the cockpit. I had terrible jello video due to strong RF off of something on the aircraft, possible the engine or wiring. I built an aluminium box and encapsulated the camera in that, apart from the lens, and it all stopped and allowed me to capture good video footage.

Ok here is from today 30 secs in.
I turned off afc and pulled that yellow tab off I will try another tomorrow. If it’s still doing it I’m returning it. I just not sure how the dji refresh will work on the exchanged unit. Best Buy said bring it back for full exchange, and I already bought the dji refresh on this unit. Btw thanks for all the help from everyone.

OK so I took the drone back to Best Buy they exchanged it DJI said to supply the new serial number and the receipt of return and they would transfer my refresh package over to the new bird did all the updates took it out for a spin And the video is perfect no more Jell-O nice and smooth everything looks good I’ll post a short clip seems to be better quality also.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta