DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavick pro on Friday

How the heck did that K get in there. I did that by voice recognition didn't look at it sorry about that. I know how to spell mavic. Most of the time voice recognition says Maverick.

Now I read the rest of the post I'll have to start reading things before I post it sorry about that. WOW . Wish I could delete that post.

Well....WELL ??? Did it arrive today?

I'm guessing your still enjoying unboxing it.

Hope the weather is good where you are so you can get some flights in Saturday

Unboxed it. Everything's charging put in the right place in the bag. The batteries are done but the remote is still charging. Tomorrow I will update the firmware . Do the settings on everything and take it for its 1st flight.

Reactions: Thomas B and GregD
Fantastic. Please check back in and give us an update on how you like it. I was use to my Mavic Air which ascended to about 16 ft for precision take off orientation. The Mavic 2 Pro goes up to about 4 ft. Let it sit there a few seconds and get its bearings/pictures. I've been raising mine straight up from there a little higher after sitting at 4 feet for a few seconds. I've been able to do the RTH and its hit the landing pad every time. Not always dead center but good enough.

Enjoy flying Saturday

Unboxed it. Everything's charging put in the right place in the bag. The batteries are done but the remote is still charging. Tomorrow I will update the firmware . Do the settings on everything and take it for its 1st flight.
Don't forget the calibrations.

Reactions: Thomas B
We live 7 air miles away from an airport and I couldn't fly . So we went about 2 miles away and it took off and flew just beautifully the pictures are phenomenal and the new remote is very nice. On my old pro I could turn off Geo fencing. On this one it is very difficult and we got it to work once . Now we get error again and can't take off I will call support and Monday.

Some hints. When you get it hook it directly to your computer for updates.

1) Use the supplied DJI cable for connecting the SmartController. I did pretty much the same thing you did. I purchased the fly-more from a secondary vendor that gave me a pretty significant discount.
2) Do get a glass screen protector for the controller.
3) don't put a SD Card in the controller when you update it the first time.

You will love the setup, super slick, super compact and fast connect to the bird pretty much instantaneous. No fiddle farting around trying to find cables, no lopsided/unbalanced mount, don't have to find the app, turn on airplane mode, missed call an msgs.. NADA. Turn on and fly. I have used mine for about 6 hours now. Best upgrade to my flight experience ever.

DJI wanted me to do an update from the computer instead of Wi-Fi to see if that would fix the situation now it won't update it shuts down every time it tries to update 3 times during the process I tried to fix it by touching the power button when it beeped when it was going to shut down but they said that is not the way it's supposed to to work to please send it back to Amazon. Fun stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorky