DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini FMC, Some questions

Also I think price difference in Canadian will be 300 plus tax so 350$. Figure that is 60 percent of way to the full new drone and seems like you can use the old batteries in the new drone. Not sure if the motors will work as stron or if battery life will take a hit.

Will wait and see before opening my mini
I don't think the MM and M2 batteries are interchangeable .

One more question. My remote wasn't paired with the Mini and I had to pair it. My Mini FMC looks and feels brand new but how would I check if it was a refurbished one instead of new? I read that refurbished have an R or S in the fifth from the last character in the serial. I do have an R in the serial near the middle but it is not fifth from last.

Chris

The motors did NOT stop during the "emergency only" CSC descent, they spun as required to maintain and not exceed, the maximum descent rate for the flight mode.

I think you will find that the "left stick down" i.e. the throttle fully closed is a method of stopping the motors if the drone has landed but not automatically stopped the motors.

The CSC position is both joysticks fully 'down'/towards-you and fully 'in'/towards-one-another OR both joysticks fully 'down'/towards-you and fully 'out'/away-from-one-another. These three positions are the same as those used with the P3Adv so you may have encountered them with the P3S. I found that the "left stick down" method is the better method of manually stopping the P3 motors when the P3 has landed, the CSC position made it possible for the drone to flip if there was wind, it isn't so important with the MUCH lower mini. As a rule I do not use automatic landing or take-off .

The motors did NOT stop during the "emergency only" CSC descent, they spun as required to maintain and not exceed, the maximum descent rate for the flight mode.

I think you will find that the "left stick down" i.e. the throttle fully closed is a method of stopping the motors if the drone has landed but not automatically stopped the motors.

The CSC position is both joysticks fully 'down'/towards-you and fully 'in'/towards-one-another OR both joysticks fully 'down'/towards-you and fully 'out'/away-from-one-another. These three positions are the same as those used with the P3Adv so you may have encountered them with the P3S. I found that the "left stick down" method is the better method of manually stopping the P3 motors when the P3 has landed, the CSC position made it possible for the drone to flip if there was wind, it isn't so important with the MUCH lower mini. As a rule I do not use automatic landing or take-off .

I always use the CSC to start the motors on my P3 Standard and use left stick down to stop them after hand catching.

Chris

I always use the CSC to start the motors on my P3 Standard and use left stick down to stop them after hand catching.

Chris
Ditto for starting but I generally use the left stick down for all motor stops unless it is following a crash, a Phantom can give a nasty 'bite' if the motors are still live during crash recovery

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929