DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Noise-Blocking Material Could Make Jets and Drones Super Quiet

Where did you see something posted? Since drone noise originates from the props, a new prop design may be the direction for a solution. Otherwise, I have read about active noise cancellation research. It entails using microphones to sample the ambient noise created and in near real-time creating a noise that is the inverse sine of the sample essentially cancelling the noise. Creating an opposite noise to cancel the initial noise. Takes a little thinking to get your head around the concept.

Where did you see something posted? Since drone noise originates from the props, a new prop design may be the direction for a solution. Otherwise, I have read about active noise cancellation research. It entails using microphones to sample the ambient noise created and in near real-time creating a noise that is the inverse sine of the sample essentially cancelling the noise. Creating an opposite noise to cancel the initial noise. Takes a little thinking to get your head around the concept.

This is something completely new and different. Did you read the GIZMODO article ?

Thanks. Interesting read.

Here is more the technology I was referencing. Sound cancelling sound.

Looks like just another implementation of decades-old technology. I wonder if their products are all that much better than what's already out there - couldn't find any feedback from satisfied customers on the site.

Reactions: Former Member
Looks like just another implementation of decades-old technology. I wonder if their products are all that much better than what's already out there - couldn't find any feedback from satisfied customers on the site.
True too many times. Maybe it's when the tech gets to the DIY stage. Look at the recent infatuation with both 3d printing and VR, both technologies have been around since the 90s. But both have seen significant movement when shifting from the hands of "experts" to the makers of the world. Have you seen a movie lately that isn't a derivative of something already done?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge