DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Osmo Pocket owner

Brockrock

Reactions
I recently bought an Osmo Pocket. With it, I added the Accessory Kit as well. Since, I have added a set of Polar Pro ND filters.

One of my reasons for purchasing this is because I have a young nephew who has become very interested in performing card tricks, and he has been talking about doing so for strangers in our town whom he would walk up to. He is very good by the way, and I thought it would be fun to video him doing so. So far, we have only done some practice shoots, and this little device is perfect, except....

So, like many, I have found the audio to be a challenge. Without anything to enhance it, it’s pretty much only useful up to arms length as far as I can tell, and most of the shooting takes place at maybe 10 feet in order to capture these scenes.

As a workaround for now, what I do is record the audio with my iPhone in the form of a voice memo. Then, I upload that file to Google Drive and download it from there directly into my Lumafusion app on my iPad. From there, it can be synced into the video timeline, and thus far, it has worked like a charm.

When I finally get a full edited video of Max doing his thing, I will put it up on YouTube and share a link here.

Reactions: Dronage
I agree that audio with the pocket isn't brilliant, but what is brilliant about it is that it's so small and light you can carry it with you everywhere.
PS Video him in slow motion so we can see how the tricks are done ?.

Yes. It’s an amazing little device. I sat in a very nice spot along the edge of a river the other day and did a one hour motion lapse. It was very relaxing really. The result was fairly impressive, but it was a bright day, and I did not have ND filters at the time. I do now, so I will try again and start getting some of it up on YouTube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242