DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot Checking in From Ottawa, Canada

SJG Ott

Reactions
Hello to everyone - I'm very happy to have found this tremendous resource. Last week I achieved the Transport Canada Basic RPAS qualification - which was not a casual walk in the park. I purchased the M2P and have three flights so far. The technology is absolutely fantastic.

Welcome to you from Hauptmann in North Texas!

Isn't the M2P an unbelievable camera platform? Lots of French Canadians--including Ottawans--and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual. Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your drone). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad you've decided to join us!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thank you Hauptrmann for your warm greetings. I bought my M2P to extend the reach of my tripod, but I'm very disappointed with the quality of the pictures. So much so, that given Hasselblad's pedigree, I can't believe that they would want to have their brand embossed on the M2P's camera. I am already a very avid photographer - had I known the quality was so poor, I would have waited for the M3P(?). The DNG files have no color profile that can be accessed in Lightroom, the images are very noisy - even showing extensive sensor noise in low light, and they are not particularly sharp. When compared against my new Nikon mirrorless, I can easily understand the technology trade-offs that have to be considered. Nonetheless, my iPhone pictures are much better even though it doesn't have variable aperture lens. So from that perspective, there is no reason to have so poor photographic qualities. I have yet to evaluate the jpeg quality, but even though I never shoot that format, I would expect the same results. I admit that I am a 'pixel peeper', but I don't think that it is a factor in my evaluation of this particular aspect of the drone. All the other perspectives of the M2P are glowing and I find the navigation capabilities to be absolutely fantastic. I will be giving the video capabilities a close look too though that isn't why I bought the M2P. A great platform which has tremendous capabilities, but one that has failed to meet my photographic expectations. I've been through the manual several times and I still have more research to do in finding the best camera and video settings. YouTube is a great resource for this - and also for analyzing crashes. I know it is going to happen so I hope I will be able to mitigate the risks. I would welcome anyone to tell me that my evaluation is wrong because I missed a magic setting! I hope to see you in the skies sometime soon!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez