DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new Pilot questions

minipro3

Reactions
Minipro 3 user trying to figure how this all works. Been watching a lot of YouTube vids, which has been useful. Have a few questions that I could not get from Youtube.

First of all, please let me know if I'm posting in correct forum section

* If I was to buy the inexpensive Bluetooth tracker , which would you recommend, and would it bring me over the 250 grams ?

* is there a shortcut to taking a screenshot of the RC pro screen while flying instead of going into settings

* Still not fully understanding how to properly update Home Point while flying. I understand I have 3 options, but don't fully understand the options completely ?

* do I need any software on my MacBook to download video files. Would like to just plug in drone to computer and download. Did it to my phone easily, but not working on computer ?

Any help is appreciated

With regards to file transfer, I would remove the mSD card from the drone and put it in a reader attached to the MacBook. Quite honestly I do not see the point in wasting drone battery power using any other method. Add to that, that the Mini 3 Pro seems prone to over heating when powered on but not flying, and the above seems by far the wisest thing to do.

I do not have a Mini 3 Pro but assuming the options for resetting the home point are the same as with other DJI drones then your options are.
Set the home point to
a) the drone's position, from memory, via touching the arrow head to the right of the screen, or
b) the controller's position, from memory, via touching the controller-like symbol to the right of the screen, or
c) some point on the map, I forget what you see when trying that but I found it difficult to set such a home point accurately when trying that.

No need for software to transfer files for. Micro SD card. After moving the files to the Mac use the the free software installed on the Mac to process the images/video. Use Photos or iMovie. More advanced video processing will require software such as Adobe’s Premiere Pro, Apple’s Final Cut Pro or DaVinci which is free.

There are also these shortcuts that are useful when combined with the 'back' button:
Back + Gimbal Dial: Adjust Brightness
Back + Camera Control Dial: Adjust Volume
Back + Record Button: Record Screen
Back + Shutter Button: Screenshot
Back + 5D Button: Up - Home, Down - Shortcut Setting, Left - Recent

There are also these shortcuts that are useful when combined with the 'back' button:
Back + Gimbal Dial: Adjust Brightness
Back + Camera Control Dial: Adjust Volume
Back + Record Button: Record Screen
Back + Shutter Button: Screenshot
Back + 5D Button: Up - Home, Down - Shortcut Setting, Left - Recent
Thank you

If I walk away from HomePoint that was originally set at takeoff and I update to controller, then I keep walking , does Homepoint keep following controller ?

No, the home point is a fixed set of coordinates......until you change it to the next set.

I find it easier if you have a iPad or iPhone to use a card reader to transfer the pictures

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike