DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[NEW PRODUCT] DJI releases Ronin 4D system with full frame cameras

brett8883

Reactions
DJI releases Ronin 4D pro grade steady cam system with two new full frame camera options, X9-8k and X9-6k.

Fully integrated steady cam system with 8k and 6k options. Features interchangeable lens mount (DJI DL, Sony E, and Leica M) 5 axis stabilization, internal ProRes Raw, and brand new Lidar focus system

6k-$7,199
8k-$11,499

EFC4E510-4CD1-43F9-8787-CF83A5A7352C.jpeg
C62767BB-E3C2-495F-9B89-F797700C9943.jpeg

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
DJI releases Ronin 4D pro grade steady cam system with two new full frame camera options, X9-8k and X9-6k.

Fully integrated steady cam system with 8k and 6k options. Features interchangeable lens mount (DJI DL, Sony E, and Leica M) 5 axis stabilization, internal ProRes Raw, and brand new Lidar focus system

6k-$7,199
8k-$11,499

View attachment 136863
View attachment 136864
Guess who can't afford it? Lol. It's a great looking system from what I can see, but no way I can afford that right now...

And the wavering when the camera is moving is a bit disconcerting. I was getting seasick just watching the 30 second sample videos.

If you're into filmaking, it's quite capable for the price. A bit limited on lens choices however, I would have expected some Canon or Nikon lens compatibility.

If you're into filmaking, it's quite capable for the price. A bit limited on lens choices however, I would have expected some Canon or Nikon lens compatibility.
Interesting. I thought the opposite. What other camera can use three different lens mounts? With any of those mounts you can use an adapter for EF or F glass.

Interesting. I thought the opposite. What other camera can use three different lens mounts? With any of those mounts you can use an adapter for EF or F glass.
I'm just wondering if it's a weight issue for some of the cinema lenses. I noticed the lenses listed were mostly wide angle and not necessarily full compatibility with all of them. I'm sure there's other issues like focal length because of the size of the camera body that comes into play. But still, it looks like an awesome system for the price, especially with Active track and the separate remote for the director/camera assistant. Does that price include the remote do you know or is that an add on? I didn't see it listed in the stuff I looked at yesterday.

I'm just wondering if it's a weight issue for some of the cinema lenses. I noticed the lenses listed were mostly wide angle and not necessarily full compatibility with all of them. I'm sure there's other issues like focal length because of the size of the camera body that comes into play. But still, it looks like an awesome system for the price, especially with Active track and the separate remote for the director/camera assistant. Does that price include the remote do you know or is that an add on? I didn't see it listed in the stuff I looked at yesterday.
Looks like the wireless transmitter is sold separately but it looks like it attaches to the screen that comes with it and you use the arm attachment as the “remote”

There will certainly be limitations on the size and weight of the glass you can use. It will be interesting once people get their hands on these and start rigging them out what will be possible. My experience with the Inspire 2 is that it can handle lenses much larger than advertised as long as you use counter weights to balance it out. The Ronin 4D looks like it has two beefy tilt motors so we’ll see what it can do. Worst case scenario the DJI DL lenses are exceptional and cheap in the world of cinema glass

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov