DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New range test record? I think so

I think the definitive range test is always Dustin Dunill - Hawaii, just watched his Mavic 3 test uploaded tonight - unreal, 47,287 feet - 8.9 miles, 14.41 km then the same journey on RTH, that M3 battery can pack some milage.

Dustin Dunill Mavic 3 range record

Reactions: VanP
Thank you for sharing!

my understanding is you would not lose your drone as there is a fail safe system.

Not true at all.

Yes, there is a fail safe system, but the pilot would have to override that if they wanted to set some sort of "record." And there are several examples elsewhere on this forum where somebody lost their drone because they made manual stick maneuvers that defeated the fail safe provisions.

I took the time to post a comment on that Youtube video with several good links describing VLOS limits, the TRUST certificate, and general SUAS safety practices for new pilots. The fellow who posted the video deleted the comment. I also responded to him asking about VOs and lights and he again deleted my comment.

Hopefully, he won't cause an incident or injure anyone with stunts like that.

I took the time to post a comment on that Youtube video with several good links describing VLOS limits, the TRUST certificate, and general SUAS safety practices for new pilots. The fellow who posted the video deleted the comment. I also responded to him asking about VOs and lights and he again deleted my comment.

Hopefully, he won't cause an incident or injure anyone with stunts like that.

Hopefully he will lose his drone in some uninhabited place before he has a chance to.

The best way to set a record.... fly it until you lose connection and it's too far to get back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore