DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New RC-2 not charging

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Just unboxed my new Air 3 , and noticed the RC wont charge , no flashing leds , straight out the box . Have a Mavic 3 charger but nothing happens when I connect the usb C cable .Anyone else come across this ?

Last edited:
I thought we had to activate and bind the controller to a drone before they would start to accept a charge. I remember something about doing this takes the battery out of hibernation.

Update, brought it back to the store and their in-house technician agreed it was faulty and replaced it with complete new drone.Lifes too short to be dealing with DJI and RMAing stuff. Just FYI , have the new controller charging , haven't turned it on yet.So no need to bind before it accepts charge.

Attachments

• 20230828_154314.jpg
    20230828_154314.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 0
New RC2 controller. Using supplied cable plugged into USB-C port on rear of my MacDesk top, drone battery charged fully within an hour. LED output as expected signifying fully charged. RC2 arrived with 3 green LEDs. Connecting and binding RC2 and drone went perfectly, RC2 LEDs showed full green on #1 and blinking slowly on #2. Time for a charge, I thought. Used same supplied cable attached to same USB-C port as was drone, LED #1 began to blink about x2/sec, LED#2, showed with very rapid blinking, I unplugged the cable. DJI has a lengthy list of charging errors associated with LED displays of blinking patterns. Any thoughts you all might have about what’s up? I think the controller is faulty and have so informed BH. Thanks in advance. Anthony

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne