DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New ribbon cable cured mavic

JohnnyD913

Reactions
Just wanted to let everyone know that the mavic is back and filming....

First I had to replace pcm board and gimbal board due to battery leakage..

After that I thought I was good but nope I still had no gimbal action..
Well the new gimbal ribbon fixed it.
It is because of all of you guys that
Helped..

I have my own gimbal problem and keeping my fingers crossed gimbal flex cable solves mine too. Will know by next week.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Let us know. I think it should but if not I know some other things to check
Sure, thank you. I even ordered a used Gimbal since the price was not prohibitive for me. Hoping that I won't need a gimbal board which would be quite costly.

Sure, thank you. I even ordered a used Gimbal since the price was not prohibitive for me. Hoping that I won't need a gimbal board which would be quite costly.
Yes in my case I had to order pcm module and gimbal board cause of battery leaked acid on them..
Well that didn’t cure it til I changed the ribbon
Cable.
I also ordered gimbal but now I know that isn’t problem I will return it..

Yes in my case I had to order pcm module and gimbal board cause of battery leaked acid on them..
Well that didn’t cure it til I changed the ribbon
Cable.
I also ordered gimbal but now I know that isn’t problem I will return it..
Johnny, I encountered terrible luck in that I’ve damaged the gimbal board during disassembly. I need a new one and just want to ask if your replacement board was a plug and play? Does it need some programming or any fancy software?

Johnny, I encountered terrible luck in that I’ve damaged the gimbal board during disassembly. I need a new one and just want to ask if your replacement board was a plug and play? Does it need some programming or any fancy software?

i too worried about recalibration and software issues.
Have no fear, I replaced my pcm and gimbal control board which was plug in play.,
I fired up my mavic and was quite relieved when my video came up and my gimbal did its long awaited dance..
Next I calibrated everything like it was new from imu to compass to gimbal/ camera calibration.
The mavic completed every task like a champ and haven’t had any issues since..
All you gotta do is solder new pcm into place and plug new gimbal board into that and ur golden..
Good luck and I didn’t even watch a video.
Lol

Reactions: lee82gx
i too worried about recalibration and software issues.
Have no fear, I replaced my pcm and gimbal control board which was plug in play.,
I fired up my mavic and was quite relieved when my video came up and my gimbal did its long awaited dance..
Next I calibrated everything like it was new from imu to compass to gimbal/ camera calibration.
The mavic completed every task like a champ and haven’t had any issues since..
All you gotta do is solder new pcm into place and plug new gimbal board into that and ur golden..
Good luck and I didn’t even watch a video.
Lol
I damaged the connector for the front vision flex cable...the stupid glue bonded both sides of the connector and one bad tug, it snapped...well, on the plus side I found it was my bad gimbal, because the roll axis was indeed jammed at one extreme. My replacement gimbal was free to rotate all the way without friction. Now I patiently wait for another week for the board to arrive. The Mavic pro is considerably poorer in design compared to the Mavic Air which I’ve stripped and rebuilt many more times.

I damaged the connector for the front vision flex cable...the stupid glue bonded both sides of the connector and one bad tug, it snapped...well, on the plus side I found it was my bad gimbal, because the roll axis was indeed jammed at one extreme. My replacement gimbal was free to rotate all the way without friction. Now I patiently wait for another week for the board to arrive. The Mavic pro is considerably poorer in design compared to the Mavic Air which I’ve stripped and rebuilt many more times.

I hate the wait as well..
The good news is it sounds like your very
Capable of the upcoming repairs..
Best of luck

Reactions: lee82gx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member