DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro update (11-03-2022)

Every time I try to update the Smart Controller I’m told, “Insufficient memory available, cannot upgrade” despite being at full power and having 3gb available.

Anyone else running into this issue?

I wonder if it has anything to do with what is stored and cached on the SC? I get that insufficient memory message while flying, despite having removed some of the stored video and photos it automatically seems to gather, from previous flights. And despite having an empty 256GB micro SD card in the drone as the main recording storage point. I have to keep clicking the box to disregard it.

I just found another issue with my original (old) SC. In the past, when it was getting low, I plugged it in to charge and the row of light dots began to scan as it charged. When it fully charged, the lights went out. Yesterday and the other day, it never did stop having those four light dots run along. I left it on for about 4 hours and the lights never went off.

Flying yesterday, after one drone battery the SC went down to 3 lights, which seemed rather quick to drop to 3. I put it on charge and the same thing happened. Those lights kept flashing through the 4 but they never stopped flashing, despite it being charged well past the time it used to take to get fully charged, and have the lights go out. Anyone seen this happen to their original (old) Smart Controller? Or is this a sign that the battery is failing?

Flying yesterday, after one drone battery the SC went down to 3 lights, which seemed rather quick to drop to 3. I put it on charge and the same thing happened. Those lights kept flashing through the 4 but they never stopped flashing, despite it being charged well past the time it used to take to get fully charged, and have the lights go out. Anyone seen this happen to their original (old) Smart Controller? Or is this a sign that the battery is failing?
I too have recently found my SC after charging for a long time still has the four flashing lights. I unplugged it, turned it on and it said it was charged to 99%. Turned the SC off, plugged it into the charger and in a few minutes, the 4 charging lights went off.

I hazard to guess the battery is aging a little....my SC is 3 years old.

As is mine, though I don't fly an awful lot, so the battery has not had that much use. Thanks for the tip though, I shall try that next time I charge it, in the hopes that mine does the same thing.

My drone M2P updated with no problems. My smart controller gets to 15% then crashes. It does this using the DJI Assistant for Mavic while connected to my laptop, also when I try to update using the controller on wifi.
The drone and controller have been in a really good case in a climate controlled storage unit since 2019. I've been traveling for work the past few years for work.

My drone M2P updated with no problems. My smart controller gets to 15% then crashes. It does this using the DJI Assistant for Mavic while connected to my laptop, also when I try to update using the controller on wifi.
The drone and controller have been in a really good case in a climate controlled storage unit since 2019. I've been traveling for work the past few years for work.
I had the same problem It turns out your battery needs to be fully charged or the update will fail. Charged mine to full and it worked no problem.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair