DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new sunshade with fresnal lens

teccer

Reactions
just gone from using an 8" tablet to my mobile phone(samsung s6) as it has a compass also sharper quality picture, problem was the screen was too small to see properly especially in the sun so I decided to make a sunshade but also include a fresnal lens in as well this is my Mk 1 but I'm pleased with the results, I can still access the screen to do things and as you can see looking through the lens it makes the screen as big as my 8" tablet and sharper picture.
it fits onto the rc just as normal, I've just ordered an anti glare protector to stop and reflection of my face from the lens, then all this for just a couple of £s for the fresnal lens.
the shade is made of cardboard covered with gaffer tape so no weight to it at all and it will fold flat as well

Attachments

• 20230306_100451.jpg
    20230306_100451.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20230306_122614.jpg
    20230306_122614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20230306_101240.jpg
    20230306_101240.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230306_101209.jpg
    20230306_101209.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
just gone from using an 8" tablet to my mobile phone(samsung s6) as it has a compass also sharper quality picture, problem was the screen was too small to see properly especially in the sun so I decided to make a sunshade but also include a fresnal lens in as well this is my Mk 1 but I'm pleased with the results, I can still access the screen to do things and as you can see looking through the lens it makes the screen as big as my 8" tablet and sharper picture.
it fits onto the rc just as normal, I've just ordered an anti glare protector to stop and reflection of my face from the lens, then all this for just a couple of £s for the fresnal lens.
the shade is made of cardboard covered with gaffer tape so no weight to it at all and it will fold flat as well
This looks really nice. Good innovation.
Wonder if you will get glare off the fresnal lens as well?
I use the dji version of the sunshield... and polaroid sunglasses. If it gets too bad, I just rotate the screen a bit and let the polarized sunglasses remove glare.

Smart! Create a patten, you could stand to make some money

This looks really nice. Good innovation.
Wonder if you will get glare off the fresnal lens as well?
I use the dji version of the sunshield... and polaroid sunglasses. If it gets too bad, I just rotate the screen a bit and let the polarized sunglasses remove glare.
when i get the anti glare I intend to put it on the fresnel lens not the mobile so hopefull it'll be ok.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown