DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drone flying - NW San Antonio - DJI Mini 2

arkanaan

Reactions
Hello, I just ordered my first drone - DJI Mini 2- and I will receive it next week - looking forward to learning to fly it but have no clue where I can go with lots of open space without bothering anyone or crashing into anything (and doing it legally) I already got my TRUST and will register (not sure why I shouldnt) looking for buddies to fly together and learn from - cheers! Alex

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Reactions: arkanaan
Check out google earth and look for isolated places. Try google maps and google earth to check out potential terrain that may result in some interesting aerial videos. That sure saves on gas to scout out potential locations.

Check out google earth and look for isolated places. Try google maps and google earth to check out potential terrain that may result in some interesting aerial videos. That sure saves on gas to scout out potential locations.
great idea to use google earth!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Hello, I just ordered my first drone - DJI Mini 2- and I will receive it next week - looking forward to learning to fly it but have no clue where I can go with lots of open space without bothering anyone or crashing into anything (and doing it legally) I already got my TRUST and will register (not sure why I shouldnt) looking for buddies to fly together and learn from - cheers! Alex
Welcome!
I am also a Mini 2 owner. I enjoy flying my UAS a lot. I hope you do as well. One piece of advice, learn everything you can before 1st flight. Always check the transmission page in settings, it shows how congested the airwaves are with signals. Make sure it is in auto dual band.

Also be careful about flying too low when you are far away, watch the rc signal bars closely.

Have fun, fly safe!

Welcome!
I am also a Mini 2 owner. I enjoy flying my UAS a lot. I hope you do as well. One piece of advice, learn everything you can before 1st flight. Always check the transmission page in settings, it shows how congested the airwaves are with signals. Make sure it is in auto dual band.

Also be careful about flying too low when you are far away, watch the rc signal bars closely.

Have fun, fly safe!
thanks for the tip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf