DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Killeen area

SGM

Reactions
Recently moved to Killeen TX and trying to decipher the state park laws, from what I'm reading, there are only two state areas I can fly unless I get a filming permit; also, no flying near the boarder (scenic areas) is this correct?

Also I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me some good places to fly.

THANKS!

Hi, Sgt Major!
Welcome to our forum from Hauptmann in North Texas! Download Airmap, which will show all NFZs. Ft. Hood is probably one of them, as is the airspace around the airfield. However, you can fly in the Ft. hood airspace (outside the base) after notifying the airport operator and the control tower. As far as I know, all Texas parks are legal as well. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an R/C club or drone club at the base.

Texas isn't nearly as scenic as Tennessee, but there-s still lots to see and photograph.

Hi, Sgt Major!
Welcome to our forum from Hauptmann in North Texas! Download Airmap, which will show all NFZs. Ft. Hood is probably one of them, as is the airspace around the airfield. However, you can fly in the Ft. hood airspace (outside the base) after notifying the airport operator and the control tower. As far as I know, all Texas parks are legal as well. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an R/C club or drone club at the base.

Texas isn't nearly as scenic as Tennessee, but there-s still lots to see and photograph.
Thanks Hauptmann! Tennessee is certainly scenic but looking forward to flying the great Texas skies. Thanks for the info! Hope to get up soon but winds have been high seems since we got here so hopefully will die down soon.
Thanks again

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54