DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Needs help with Kittyhawk and LAANC

BillF

Reactions
When I try to plan to fly my Drone, I plan the flight in Kittyhawk and then I hit the + button on the map screen, it says clear to fly, I hit the get authorization check mark, choose recreational, choose height (200, or any legal height), enter date and time (in this case 1 hour away for 30 minutes), I consistently get the message "Pre-Check Failed". with the following two explanations - "LAANC authorizations are to available for the planned operation area" and "the planned operation area falls outside of LAANC controlled airspace". The area I have designated to fly in turns red.

Please help, I am totally lost on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Maybe. I also looked at
and it looks like there may be a bunch of areas around you that may need unlocking.
Depends on your actual location
Best of luck

When I try to plan to fly my Drone, I plan the flight in Kittyhawk and then I hit the + button on the map screen, it says clear to fly, I hit the get authorization check mark, choose recreational, choose height (200, or any legal height), enter date and time (in this case 1 hour away for 30 minutes), I consistently get the message "Pre-Check Failed". with the following two explanations - "LAANC authorizations are to available for the planned operation area" and "the planned operation area falls outside of LAANC controlled airspace". The area I have designated to fly in turns red.

Please help, I am totally lost on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance
I believe you are asking for LAANC approval for an area which is not controlled airspace. Check an aeronautical chart to confirm that the area you want to fly is controlled airspace.
You can also check Arcgis.
260DD2F6-D4BE-442C-8357-D6D59D525E67.png

Last edited:
It reads like you are trying to get laanc authorization to fly in uncontrolled airspace, for which you do not need any authorization.
I was finally able to try your suggestion. Between bad weather and Presidential visits in the area I was not able to get out.

The answer is that I was not required to get LAANC authorization.

Simple solution, Thank you

Bill

Reactions: dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr