DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Question

jrizz1

Reactions
Please do not think this is a stupid question. As a former RC aircraft pilot, planes on the same "Channel" could not fly at the same time. Can two MP's fly together? Are they similar to RC on channels? Is there a safe limit to how many can fly at the same time?

Please do not think this is a stupid question. As a former RC aircraft pilot, planes on the same "Channel" could not fly at the same time. Can two MP's fly together? Are they similar to RC on channels? Is there a safe limit to how many can fly at the same time?
I have seen videos of up to 12 flying at the same time, they use an encryption over the channel so they do not get confused.

Reactions: LongRifle
I've seen pics and videos of as many as more than a dozen MPs flying at the same time. I think they operate on the same channel, but under different digital sub channels, so there's probably an infinite number of combinations.

All Mavics, Sparks, Inspires and Phantoms fly with a (ESN) Electronic Serial Number.
When you bind the AC and the RC, you are actually binding the RC to the aircraft's ESN.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that it is much like a Mac Address. That's why flying in WIFI mode requires the Mac Address from the Drone itself.

Last edited:
...Is there a safe limit to how many can fly at the same time?
Yes, according to the Mavic user manual, 3 is the recommended limit.

"To prevent transmission interference, do not operate more than three aircraft in the same area." (page 33)

I was wondering the same thing. I purchased the MP for my son as a Christmas gift about a week ago. So far the only thing we have gotten to do was download the app and take it out of the box to look at. I did print off everything I could find and put all in a notebook so he could read over it before trying to fly it but so far he hasn't had a day off to try and sit down to go over any of it. So I have been reading and watching videos so that I can share some of the info with him. I have even been kicking around the idea of purchasing one for myself but not sure which one. This is a great site and everyone has been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction to get the information needed. I guess I should go back and actually read over complete manual myself...LOL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid