DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie with a few questions

Kglover

Reactions
I've only had the M2 Dual a few days and have watched a ton of videos, so I think I've got my questions narrowed down.
1. Go Share function: Do I have to take the SD card out of the drone and insert it into the Smart Controller to transfer to my phone? I watched a video and it wasn't clear. The video showed FlytPath (video author) taking a picture with the drone and refreshing his DJI GO 4 app and the image appearing without removing the SD card form the drone. I cannot not get that to happen. Can someone explain to me how I can accomplish this so I don't have to remove the SD card from the drone each time I want to transfer photos?
2. I cannot Enter Device on DJI GO 4 app because I am using the Smart Controller. Is there any reason I need the DJI GO 4 app, other than to use the Go Share function - assuming I can get that to work?
3. I took a longer flight today and the radio range started flashing so I turned around and headed back. I noticed the screen was also laggy (makes sense). I was maybe 1/2 mile away. My question is; the range is 10km, how do you keep radio range so you can see at that distance?
4. Finally, my videos are being broke apart @ 3.5G and the flight data is as well. I am trying to get familiar with DJI Telemetry Overlay but am having a hard time getting the SRT files to accurately represent the entire flight. I suppose I could make individual movies and then merge them all after the flight data has been overlayed but that seems like the long way around.

I have already learned so much by reading this forum and I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I searched but my eyes are beginning to bleed and I need to go fly!
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Last edited:
I’ll try... in order:

1. I always take my SS card out and drag ‘n drop transfer to my computer using a card reader.
2. Dunno. I own an SC but like the bigger 8” screen on my CrystalSky
3. Environmental factors (interference) and the position of the antenna in you SC are important... keep the SC antenna at right angle to your drone to optimize the signal.
4. The DJI programming breaks the videos at 3.5-4 GB intervals. They must be joined in post.... it will be seamless.

Hope this helps.

I’ll try... in order:

1. I always take my SS card out and drag ‘n drop transfer to my computer using a card reader.
2. Dunno. I own an SC but like the bigger 8” screen on my CrystalSky
3. Environmental factors (interference) and the position of the antenna in you SC are important... keep the SC antenna at right angle to your drone to optimize the signal.
4. The DJI programming breaks the videos at 3.5-4 GB intervals. They must be joined in post.... it will be seamless.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Thomas B. :)
I'm sure I'll get a system down. I was just hoping I didn't have to R&R the SD card every time I wanted to transfer videos. It looked like the APP was the solution I was looking for but I'll do it the "old fashioned way" lol

I did not know there were other options for controllers... I bought the M2ED package that came with the SmartController. So is the CrystalSky just the screen that you hook up to a controller, am I understanding this correctly? You have the CrystalSky hooked to your SC or to a different controller?

I do live in the East Tennessee mountains and was in a valley when the drone lost connection on the other side of large hill, so I did not have direct LoS.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it. I hate asking newbie questions because I am pretty self reliant, but I've learned that it usually saves a lot of time and headaches, for me at least - maybe not the person answering :)

Reactions: Gallego1
Thanks Thomas B. :)
I'm sure I'll get a system down. I was just hoping I didn't have to R&R the SD card every time I wanted to transfer videos. It looked like the APP was the solution I was looking for but I'll do it the "old fashioned way" lol

I did not know there were other options for controllers... I bought the M2ED package that came with the SmartController. So is the CrystalSky just the screen that you hook up to a controller, am I understanding this correctly? You have the CrystalSky hooked to your SC or to a different controller?

I do live in the East Tennessee mountains and was in a valley when the drone lost connection on the other side of large hill, so I did not have direct LoS.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it. I hate asking newbie questions because I am pretty self reliant, but I've learned that it usually saves a lot of time and headaches, for me at least - maybe not the person answering :)
My CS is connected to my stock controller. It has touch screen controls and a 7.8” viewing surface. May not be in production any more.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Also, since you are new, check out FAA Drone Zone, the latest info on flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121