DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ DJI Go4 procedures to get permission to fly with 107 certification

geckotrap

Reactions
I've been searching for this after running into a brick wall a few days ago during a Real Estate photo assignment. ( 1 or 2 stills from just above telephone pole. 50' )
I previously got permission by AirMap as a registered, certified pilot.
After the Mavic pro didn't take off at the site with NFZ on controller and attached iPad mini 4,
I actually got as far as getting an access code from DJI to my email, then entering it into the programs access code field.
But the "send" or "enter" button didn't work. Of course the cancel button did. Thus; Not able to fly!
In my search on this NFZ subject,
Someone posted this same question:
Can someone give me the proper documented method to NFZ unlock from start to finish because this isnt the first time I have had a heck of a time getting to work.

BUT, the posts in that thread, chatted about Hacks. Thus, the OP's call for help was never addressed.

I don't demand anyone spend an hour correctly explaining this by text. That would be cruel and unusual punishment!
But, perhaps there is some documentation somewhere, that someone can direct us to?
Or perhaps, a simple "Tap this button, then do this...etc."
Or even, "Be careful not to do this" type of information?
It seems, there has got to be, quite a few commercial flyers that know the ropes on this subject!

I am not sure if this is related but I had a slightly similar issue when I was given a warning about flying in some kind of zone that I could not see on my map. For the first 5 minutes all i could do was hit cancel and not accept or whatever it was. I kept restarting the AC and RC and trying again but the same thing, I could only hit cancel. I then looked really closely at the screen and I could see a tiny checkbox that was waiting for me to hit it and then accept became available as a working option. Maybe yours is the same thing? Who knows it was worth a shot I think.

Good luck getting this issue sorted

Reactions: BD0G
I've been searching for this after running into a brick wall a few days ago during a Real Estate photo assignment. ( 1 or 2 stills from just above telephone pole. 50' )
I previously got permission by AirMap as a registered, certified pilot.
After the Mavic pro didn't take off at the site with NFZ on controller and attached iPad mini 4,
I actually got as far as getting an access code from DJI to my email, then entering it into the programs access code field.
But the "send" or "enter" button didn't work. Of course the cancel button did. Thus; Not able to fly!
In my search on this NFZ subject,
Someone posted this same question:
Can someone give me the proper documented method to NFZ unlock from start to finish because this isnt the first time I have had a heck of a time getting to work.

BUT, the posts in that thread, chatted about Hacks. Thus, the OP's call for help was never addressed.

I don't demand anyone spend an hour correctly explaining this by text. That would be cruel and unusual punishment!
But, perhaps there is some documentation somewhere, that someone can direct us to?
Or perhaps, a simple "Tap this button, then do this...etc."
Or even, "Be careful not to do this" type of information?
It seems, there has got to be, quite a few commercial flyers that know the ropes on this subject!

Not sure if youve seen this...

Reactions: dawgpilot and BD0G
I am not sure if this is related but I had a slightly similar issue when I was given a warning about flying in some kind of zone that I could not see on my map. For the first 5 minutes all i could do was hit cancel and not accept or whatever it was. I kept restarting the AC and RC and trying again but the same thing, I could only hit cancel. I then looked really closely at the screen and I could see a tiny checkbox that was waiting for me to hit it and then accept became available as a working option. Maybe yours is the same thing? Who knows it was worth a shot I think.

Good luck getting this issue sorted
I wouldn't put it past me!!! This was probably what happened.
Of course at the time of the job, I was taken aback, and nervously fumbling about.
It was a miracle I was able to gather my wits and get as far as I did.
Thanks for the much needed help! and...how fast you got it to me!

Reactions: Point Zero
I had an issue trying to fly indoors near an airport. I followed the procedure, got a six digit code from DJI, but once the keyboard was visible on my smart controller, I couldn’t get it out of the way to click “ok”or done or whatever. I’m an iOS user, not android, maybe that’s the issue. Keyboard had no “done” button. How do I get rid of the keyboard. You only have 60 seconds to complete the six digit code or it expires. Thanks.

Just unlocked an area from my PC. Going to try to fly the unlocked zone tomorrow morning. Thanks for the video. Happy flying.

Just to clarify. There is a difference between a Geo Zone and a NFZ. I believe the above conversations are referring to Geo Zones. Stating you are intentionally attempting to fly into a NFZ would be be asking for unwanted attention. Just saying.

Just to clarify. There is a difference between a Geo Zone and a NFZ. I believe the above conversations are referring to Geo Zones. Stating you are intentionally attempting to fly into a NFZ would be be asking for unwanted attention. Just saying.
I am not a recreational flyer. My problem is anywhere within the Class C airspace, and my Mavic and controller say NFZ. I get permission to fly under most of the class C airspace, except within about a mile and a half of the runway. If I go through the proper channels, I can get permission to fly within this boundary. But, my Mavic drone and controller will not let me.
Not sure if youve seen this...

Thank you!
That was a good video. But, it's outdated in the fact of the DJI Flysafe self unlock has changed it's format. And seems broken. And now that video just seems to be skipping steps, and fields.
I saw a newer vid, and it was worse! Very generalized info.

I live within 2 miles of a runway, and the controller tells me it’s a NFZ. But using a desktop computer, I am able to get the unlock. It’s good for 3 days and is recorded in the remote. At the time of flight, the aircraft refuses to fly unless I transfer the authorization to the aircraft. I did that at home but then turned off the aircraft to go to the location, and apparently the authorization doesn’t survive the shutdown, but it’s easy enough to transfer again when the aircraft is powered up again. I mention the desktop (or laptop) only because you can’t get the authorization from a mobile device. So you have to do it from home, or possibly from the controller (mine is a smart controller) in a WiFi environment. Last step is to notify the control tower.

In the above, I should note that this is for flight as a hobbyist, so maybe off topic. I haven’t tried for a 107 authorization yet. Assume using LAANC, then still need to unlock as I described above.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez