DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night focus issue

Boog0822

Reactions
I tried a few shots over my apartment pool just now and I could not get it to focus. I tried manual and auto focus and had no luck. What am I doing wrong? Be nice...

I tried a few shots over my apartment pool just now and I could not get it to focus. I tried manual and auto focus and had no luck. What am I doing wrong? Be nice...
Try turning on peak focus while in manual focus. It will help define it better. Lower your shutter speed as well. This will help the peak focus establish a better threshold.
Hope that helps.

I read where someone had a launch pad on the ground, took off straight up and pointed the camera down to focus on that.

Umm,, forgot to ask if it was dawn or dusk. Light makes all the difference when focusing.

I see all these great, sharp night shots and mine look like this...
e8ea576729c7d7ffd650123f5e1eaef9.jpg

I see all these great, sharp night shots and mine look like this...
e8ea576729c7d7ffd650123f5e1eaef9.jpg
Looks good but still looks a bit out of focus.
I think the op wants to know how to make shots like these and at night look better and sharp. If he was flying at night. We don't know his location.
Can the OP post a pic?

It's WAY out of focus. Nowhere near sharp. Completely unusable. I've got about a dozen more that look pretty much the same or worse varying from all types of manual focus and auto focus. Even the video was terribly out of focus.

When I first got my mavic back in November. First and only out of focus pics I had, however the video thing was a nightmare.
All is much better now. The peak focus option works when needed, but the cam needs as much light as possible. Even at night.
fair1.jpg

fair2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88