DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Night shots without CPL filter

Night Video, ISO800, 1/30

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The drone you used isn't a DJI drone and the images don't have proper metadata so I can't tell what your exposure settings are, but they are too dark.
That last one would look like this if exposed properly:

i-4pDvWXj-L.jpg

Reactions: Illuminata Photo
Yes, still too dark. I would also suggest better subjects that are well-lit. The rooftops are just too dark.

Reactions: sarahb
We all try to help each other here but sometimes I feel that the effort goes to waste. I mean why on earth would someone even contemplate to put any density filter CPL or ND on a camera for night shots of a dark minimally lit scene?? Hellooo??

Reactions: rjwmorrell
We all try to help each other here but sometimes I feel that the effort goes to waste. I mean why on earth would someone even contemplate to put any density filter CPL or ND on a camera for night shots of a dark minimally lit scene?? Hellooo??
Are you joking? a cpl might help with certain reflections, and an ND might promote the ability to use a long shutter.

Are you joking? a cpl might help with certain reflections, and an ND might promote the ability to use a long shutter.
I was not joking at all. I am well aware of CPL and ND function and purpose. For night time drone video and photography their purpose is in 99% scenarios non existent. They unnecessarily reduce the amount of light hitting the sensor hence higher ISO is needed, and we all know consequence of that.

Last edited:
The drone you used isn't a DJI drone and the images don't have proper metadata so I can't tell what your exposure settings are, but they are too dark.
That last one would look like this if exposed properly:

i-4pDvWXj-L.jpg
LOOK BETTER, let me figure out how to achieve this? Do you use Adobe photoshop to edit?

LOOK BETTER, let me figure out how to achieve this? Do you use Adobe photoshop to edit?
I brought up the shadow detail in Photoshop, but you could have achieved similar results in the camera by exposing correctly.
But for good night photography you really need to find larger areas that are lit like this.
253-6a-X2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian