DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No drone photography in Croatia, during my holiday, I was told by Croatians Authorities!!

winmeister6

Reactions
I emailed them that I was coming for holiday, I wanted to bring my Mini 3 Pro. Wanted to take usual photos and videos for family purposes. I also informed them that I have Operator ID in UK and now EU, they still said no. I don't understand why. I ask if I can apply for permission and again said no!

1682077742989.png

That seems to be incorrect advice from the wrong agency, judging by the email of the responder.

Try reading through Special Flights and Activities - Crocontrol and CCAA - I wish to fly drone in Croatia, I am not Croatian citizen, I am here temporarily – what do I need to do?, then emailing [email protected] if needed; all three are their equivalent of the UK's CAA. Croatia is a member of the EU and, as such, should now be compliant with the EU-wide rules on drones and the new class markings or legacy category for older models, which absolutely should cover you for flying a Mini 3 Pro subject to the EU rules.

Reactions: winmeister6
I just joined this forum, so this response comes a bit late, but it might still be useful to someone. There is a difference between flying and taking photos or videos. By Croatian law you can fly a drone but you can't take any photos or videos - it is allowed only for companies with permit and all footage should be sent to authority (DGU) for inspection before they allow you to use it. So legally, just ask for flying a drone.
This is a link for more detail information: CCAA - Hrvatska agencija za civilno zrakoplovstvo CCAA - Hrvatska agencija za civilno zrakoplovstvo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom