DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No FPV Screen On My Tablet

quister

Reactions
I've been flying my Mavic Pro for about six months now and getting along just fine with it and developing a nice learning curve. One issue I'm having is bringing up the live view of the camera on my tablet's screen when I'm initiating the start-up sequence. The RC screen is lit and the tablet is showing information but reads "disconnected" in the upper left and there is no FPV on the screen. I've been doing some different things in different sequences with the tablet and eventually finally get a FPV camera picture on the screen and start flying. I don't know why I'm not seeing the FPV right away and I have no idea why it finally appears. Can you guys help me understand this better and possibly provide a sequence where I might avoid this mystery?

I've been trading off between two cables (I keep a spare) but have not paid attention if one might be the problem. When working through this issue the first thing I do is check the connections but I don't swap cables. I'll mark them and try that approach to see if one is the problem. Also, I've recently read a post around here somewhere of someone describing a similar issue but a resolution was not confirmed. The AC must be talking to the RC and tablet because I get the map and AC orientation picture on the bottom left, but no FPV and no camera menus on right edge.

Cables may look alike but there are USB charge cables and there are USB Data Cables, which of course also charge. Good luck on your issue.

Reactions: Flycaster
Many Mavic pilots don’t use the micro USB port on the side of the controller preferring to use a full size USB cable in the bottom of the controller to connect to whatever device we are using to view the camera view. Since doing this, I’ve not had a disconnect event and always link to the camera on connection with the drone.

Reactions: Flycaster
I have been using the full size USB port on the RC. Thanks for bringing that up. Often, a process of elimination is a sound way to work through this stuff, so I can cross off 1)using another cable and 2) use the large USB port. I'm curious as to what is changing when I'm fiddling with everything and then the FPV screen and camera functions appear.

I normally connect the RC to my ipad with a short right angled lightning cable before starting the RC, then start GO4, then the drone. Means that the controller is to ready to control the drone once they are connected. The view from the camera is available then and I can then wait for homepoint to be recorded.
Some start the drone first but that means that there may be an uncontrolled rc vehicle for a few seconds.

I would try a brand new cable. Verify that it is a data cable, by connecting your device to your pc, and verifying you can see the file directory of youy device on the pc screen.
Voila, Data cable. MNow try that in your setup, and keep using the bottom port, much more robust than the "dainty" micro side port.

Reactions: Craig K.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll