DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No HDR in Quickshots!

Reactions
I wasted video time this morning when I went out to take pics and videos of my HOA's recreation area. I was not as familiar with the capabilities as I thought I was. I wasted a lot of time because I was certain that you could shoot Quick Shots using HDR (Smart) settings. I guess not! My vids look like someone washed them in bleach!
Live and learn...

I wasted video time this morning when I went out to take pics and videos of my HOA's recreation area. I was not as familiar with the capabilities as I thought I was. I wasted a lot of time because I was certain that you could shoot Quick Shots using HDR (Smart) settings. I guess not! My vids look like someone washed them in bleach!
Live and learn...

Maybe you shot in D-Cinelike?

Reactions: Threesixtography
I may be picking nits, but "HDR" is a term used for still photography.

EDIT: Saw your second post above after I started writing....sorry, slightly edited below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HDR is a video standard (actually, at present time, unfortunately, multiple different video standards) as well. It is different than still photography in practice, but the theory is the same -- to communicate higher dynamic range to the display device. So, you need an HDR video source and display to make real use of it.

Then, we add on top that the Mavic Air 2's "HDR Video" isn't technically real HDR video to one of the standards, and we have a whole other conversation. The MA2's versions is some processing to enhance the dynamic range of the video (and it seems to do a good job of it), but isn't true HDR video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaro