DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No HDR option for Mavic 3 Classic?

Arnt

Reactions
Some of the Mavic drones have the option of selecting HDR as a preset for still images. Any reason why this is not available on the 3 classic?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Some of the Mavic drones have the option of selecting HDR as a preset for still images. Any reason why this is not available on the 3 classic?
My Mavic 3 uses a version of HDR which is called HLG. It has something to do with broadcasting (streaming?) and utilizing HDR tech. Maybe it helps keep the darks dark. Either way, it looks AMAZEBALLS on HDR equipment so have no fear. I would assume your Classic offers this same feature.

Good question. +1

Last edited:
Nobody from DJI reads this forum (maybe they read, but they don't respond)
Try asking in the DJI forum. But you probably won't get an answer for why HDR is not available in the Mavic 3.

Nobody from DJI reads this forum (maybe they read, but they don't respond)
Try asking in the DJI forum. But you probably won't get an answer for why HDR is not available in the Mavic 3.
🤣an odd question I guess. HLG is as said for video. Maybe the initial image is as good as HDR is not needed 😎

Maybe the initial image is as good as HDR is not needed
In a way, yes. Photos taken in RAW have a much wider dynamic range than jpg's, with lots more information. This means that with a raw file you can restore apparently burnt-out highlights or black shadows, which you could not in an already processed jpg.

Reactions: Arnt
Shoot AEB, and process your own HDR on the computer. I use Luminar NEO. It works great. Much better than in-camera HDR algorithms.

Reactions: Arnt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa