DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No power to Gimble or Camera

Jonny68

Reactions
Problem? I purchased this drone with Gimble overload. I replaced both cables and a new Gimble, just retained the camera. Now i dont have and camera or Gimble

Was unit in a crash? Yes previous owner crashed it

What have you tried so far? Pulled the drone down and cant see any problems, new cables seated well. How can i test if power is going to the Camera/ Gimble

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Galaxy Note 9

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have done some testing with the multi-meter. You should have ~12V on the 3 pins shown on the image if the proper power is getting to the gimbal connector.

I recommend fine-point multi-meter probes for this if you choose to measure this.

Depending where you obtained the 'new' gimbal, it could be defective..

Attachments

• Gimbal_Motor_Pin-outs.png
    Gimbal_Motor_Pin-outs.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Jonny68 and lee82gx
Hi,

I have done some testing with the multi-meter. You should have ~12V on the 3 pins shown on the image if the proper power is getting to the gimbal connector.

I recommend fine-point multi-meter probes for this if you choose to measure this.

Depending where you obtained the 'new' gimbal, it could be defective..
Hi can i ask how you tested the pins, was the drone powered on ?Also did you test with one probe on one pin and the other probe on another pin. Thanks in advance I have the same problem

Hi,

Yes, I had everything connected but I had the top shell removed and also the metal plate holding the gimbal and vision connectors down was removed.

I powered on the drone and then placed negative on any ground point then carefully probed the pins mentioned. Be careful not to cause a short, fine-tip probe points are recommended.

An advanced test could also be to test a 0-ohm resistor on the underside that provides power to the gimbal motors as shown below. You will want to make sure you have continuity across that component (no resistance).

1590769747815.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato