DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No video after crash

Things to look for. This is a recent repair that I just did. The MP was in a light crash and the gimbal was jammed up into the carriage. After removing the gimbal and the control board on top, I found that a connector was also lodged to the side.
One of the pins was damaged on the control board. Although the pins are very small, it only takes one pin to cause errors. Also be sure that the GPS connector is secure when placing the top cover back on. Yes, it is a tight squeeze to connect it before lowering the top.
If the the GPS cable is not secured correctly, it can cause other errors besides no gps signal because the gimbal initiation process cannot complete.
7C0F1D6A-B1AF-4E8E-B3BF-F84589AA330F.jpeg4E3C2774-8789-449D-8648-0196CF7309DE.jpeg

Try replacing the video cable.
U said u replaced gimbal ribbon cable so now replace the video cable.
I had a bad one once, everything worked but camera was fuzzy..
Replaced it and all better..
Sorry, I generalized. Yes, I did replace both of them. The tree wasn't selective about which one it ripped apart.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Things to look for. This is a recent repair that I just did. The MP was in a light crash and the gimbal was jammed up into the carriage. After removing the gimbal and the control board on top, I found that a connector was also lodged to the side.
One of the pins was damaged on the control board. Although the pins are very small, it only takes one pin to cause errors. Also be sure that the GPS connector is secure when placing the top cover back on. Yes, it is a tight squeeze to connect it before lowering the top.
If the the GPS cable is not secured correctly, it can cause other errors besides no gps signal because the gimbal initiation process cannot complete.
View attachment 114080View attachment 114081
I did carefully check the connectors, but I may have missed something (old eyes). This would be the most obvious reason, lacking a defective cable, since most of the strain was applied here till the wires ripped apart. I can't remember if the connector was still attached or not.
The Gimbal and GPS do work. It is only the video that is missing and therefore the visual sensing and I guess the reason it won't go into Video mode. I can snap a picture, but nothing records.

If by visual sensing you mean object avoidance, that should work, as OA does not use the gimbal camera. There could be shared circuit/board in processing the two though.

If by visual sensing you mean object avoidance, that should work, as OA does not use the gimbal camera. There could be shared circuit/board in processing the two though.
The sensors work, but the visual part does not. I keep losing the term DJI uses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser